Powder blend

Where was option #5 - light it on fire 🔥 👹🧑‍🚒

When I have junk I've swept off the bench I have a ceramic bowl I'll put it in, the boys get a kick out of me hitting it with a butane torch.

Safety Brief: We're talking like 0.3gns of powder here, in the middle of the concrete drive way only on nights with no wind and 17 fire extinguishers handy, the fire department is actually already there supervising, and we have a 17-minute pre-fire briefing. I feel like this needs to be said because people on the internet terrify me.
I have some awesome snake shaped burns in my driveway.....

I've got load data from Tom rooster for 3 1/2" 12 ga loads that are duplex loads . But other than that I've never seen any reason to blend different powders . The only reason he recommended it was to get all the powder to ignite uniform I can't remember what two powders it is though . I do know it is 2 gr of I believe maybe red dot then x number grains of blue dot .
Crap I wish I was home to look that load up for sure now. But I do know that is an absolute thumper of a load for turkeys out of my 870 super mag. It takes forever to load a box of those babies up but man do they shoot good

A buddy sent me pics the other day of a fired cartridge. The case was split, primer gone, face full of gas, bolt was locked up and the chronograph read almost 1000fps more velocity than it should have but otherwise no other problems.

Okay guys, hear me out here, this guys ^^^^ powder blend, a Sherman Cartridge, and an oiled up Hammer bullet…. The trajectory of that right there may just make hunting with a helmet worth it.

Anyone have any experience hunting in one of these??

EE582E53-DAA1-4942-AD81-1EE9300A56D9.jpeg

While at it, why not make the suppresor one size smaller than the bullet, things will really POP!
I see this as no different than jamming the bullet into the lands. Same principal applies. FYI, If you seat the bullet out far enough you can actually fill the case neck up with powder too.

This is is great stuff here guys. Not the kind of info you're gonna find in those outdated reloading manuals.

Duplex loads where a small charge of smokeless powder is used under a main charge of black powder is nearly as old as smokeless powder itself. Its main benefit has always been the fact that it cuts fouling between shots by an incredible amount. I've seen rifles that would foul the bore in 5 shots running straight black powder make it to nearly 50 shots before they needed to be cleaned running duplex loads.. That being said, you're still dealing with a known quantity of one type of smokeless powder under a adjusted charge of black powder. I don't know of anyone who is mixing different types of smokeless powders together, even in duplex loads
You can not shoot duplex loads at the Quigley.