IMG_4891.PNG

IMG_4757.JPG

IMG_4676.PNG

IMG_5226.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4891.PNG
    IMG_4891.PNG
    190.9 KB · Views: 96
Wow!! Congratulations on a tremendous amount of success and a GREAT write up! Eric does build a great rifle. I have used him a lot and highly recommend him. Thanks again Chase; you were a joy to work with. Oh that we could all have a season close to yours. You must have a lot of friends.....rich

Thanks Rich, it was a great season. Luckily the county's I hunt in allow 5 deer per hunter and some of the ranches have MLD permits. We put down a decent amount of game with the 270 wsm and 140 bergers this season also. Just trying to be patient and let the barrel burn out on that rifle before it gets converted to a 270SS :D

180 ELD's with 60 grains RL 26. About 2930 fps.

It's a tikka action with a 26" 1-8 Bartlein. Used the Boyd's At one so my wife and boy can shoot it also.

180 ELD's with 60 grains RL 26. About 2930 fps.

It's a tikka action with a 26" 1-8 Bartlein. Used the Boyd's At one so my wife and boy can shoot it also.

How many rounds on the tube? Also any trouble reaching 3000fps? That's my goal for the 180gr ELD though i'll likely have to push at 24"

How many rounds on the tube? Also any trouble reaching 3000fps? That's my goal for the 180gr ELD though i'll likely have to push at 24"

Only 77 rounds. Yea got pressure signs at 61 grains so backed it down and went hunting. After hunting season this year I've been working 100+ hours a week. And it's been pretty cold most days so I haven't done anymore load work. It's starting to warm up so I plan to mess around with it a little more in the next few weeks

Only 77 rounds. Yea got pressure signs at 61 grains so backed it down and went hunting. After hunting season this year I've been working 100+ hours a week. And it's been pretty cold most days so I haven't done anymore load work. It's starting to warm up so I plan to mess around with it a little more in the next few weeks

Gotcha that's not bad another 80-100rds and i imagine it will speed up on you. Keep us posted on your results

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.