Possible barrel issue?

Thunder17

I recently had a 300 RUM rebareled with a Bartlein carbon wrapped barrel. It doesn't look to me like the gunsmith trimmed and inch off of the muzzle end before threading it for the brake. I believe bartlein recommends cutting an inch off. I don't want to waste 215 hybrids or Retumbo just chasing my tail if the barrel is going to be an issue. Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions whether to have it redone or just shoot it.
Pic is of the rifle I'm talking about.
E88548D8-08C1-4E0D-8413-2645CC7A6ABB.jpeg

This is how Mike Bryant did my Bartlein barreled 300 WM, 3/4x24 Ti Pro 3

Screenshot_20220801-233049_Gallery.jpg

If it were mine, it is going back. There is a reason why a portion needs to be lopped off the muzzle end on any lapped barrel from any manufacturer.

Last edited:
I think this is what it should look like . It's probably more for ascetics than anything

Attachments

• AE5DE10C-3C01-4A74-AC28-8CC6623D00DC.jpeg
    AE5DE10C-3C01-4A74-AC28-8CC6623D00DC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
It looks like he took some off, the muzzle ends are pretty dang long on these. Not sure if it was a full inch, but it looks like some. Here is mine after install and a pic before showing muzzle length

20220719_095358.jpg
20220601_112050.jpg

Ask him how much if any he trimmed. He should at least have an idea on that.

From my past experience with Bartlein regardless of barrel kind, whatever finish length you asked for they typically add about an inch at the muzzle end.

A couple of years or so ago the 1st service rifle length barrel I ordered from them to finish at 20 by rulebook came in at 21. Talk about nerve wrecking for a rookie trying to cut the chamber, no room for error to cut and start a new one

I recently had a 300 RUM rebareled with a Bartlein carbon wrapped barrel. It doesn't look to me like the gunsmith trimmed and inch off of the muzzle end before threading it for the brake. I believe bartlein recommends cutting an inch off. I don't want to waste 215 hybrids or Retumbo just chasing my tail if the barrel is going to be an issue. Hopefully someone can give me some suggestions whether to have it redone or just shoot it.
Pic is of the rifle I'm talking about.View attachment 384039
It is hard to tell from the picture, esp. when we do not know the muzzle length from Bartlein (it should be in the invoice); this might vary from barrel manufacturers, but CarbonSix has 1" as standard and 1.5" for extended muzzle length. @codyadams barrel appears to have longer than 1.5" muzzle length; if your barrel started as Cody's, your gunsmith might very well follow Bartlein's recommendation to take 1" before threading, but as @jpd676 , it is best to go directly to the source.

Shoot and clean group should tighten up. But if it dont I would take it back I have several custom barrel rifles. Every brand I got very how many shots it takes. I have kreiger hart shilen Arnold arms one hart took about 40 rounds the other less than 10