POLL: Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

• MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle

• MIL Turrets and MIL Reticle

• Mil Dot Reticle with MOA Turrets

• MOA Reticle with MIL Turrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
OK folks just to clear things up: I am reviewing a scope for this magazine. It has MOA turrets and Mil dot reticle. I thought this was strange. The maker said in their pole, shooters preferred this combination. The scope is set up for dialing plenty of MOA plus using lots of mils. I just want to know how you, our readers, feel.
Is the scope you are reviewing a swarovski x5 by any chance ?

I don't know a single person who would want mixed turrets and reticle.

I for one do not want it. BUT would do it just for the price point. LOL I am rather cheap though. There's a scope I want BUT its MOA turrets with mill recticle. Still have not got it for that reason. I feel its rather unwise for a scope manufacturer to do it.

MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle.
I sometimes like to measure my groups with the reticle and use it for corrections.
I can relate to 1/2 MOA at 800 yards. Means I am about 4 inches off the mark.
I cannot relate to whatever a .5 MIL is at 800 yards. Oh, wait, I think it is 14.4 inches? And I guess being 4 inches off the mark at 800 yards would be like .1 or .2 MIL?
See what I mean...deer just walked off...

I learned MOA first, and stick with that. I can use MIL, and don't see the point in arguing over which is "better" as they both measure angle. In a rifle scope or spotter I can get along with either one, but the turrets and reticle have to match. What you see is what you get that way, and calling corrections for your shooting buddy or when working solo is so much easier.

Like others, I don't think the poll is working correctly.

For me, I'm a mil guy, so mil reticle w/ mil turrets. Anyone who told you end users like them mixed is high as a kite! I'd wager it's CounterSniper, but I think they're out of business. :D Regardless of who it is, tell them they're looking at an uphill battle selling an optic made with early 2000's tech at best, and unless there's some other EARTH-SHATTERINGLY AMAZING feature, it'll sit on shelves and in warehouses to rot aside from the occasional purchase by an uneducated shooter. The rest of us? We left those headaches behind over a decade ago!

Thank
Like others, I don't think the poll is working correctly.

For me, I'm a mil guy, so mil reticle w/ mil turrets. Anyone who told you end users like them mixed is high as a kite! I'd wager it's CounterSniper, but I think they're out of business. :D Regardless of who it is, tell them they're looking at an uphill battle selling an optic made with early 2000's tech at best, and unless there's some other EARTH-SHATTERINGLY AMAZING feature, it'll sit on shelves and in warehouses to rot aside from the occasional purchase by an uneducated shooter. The rest of us? We left those headaches behind over a decade ago!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.