Please help!

Thanks again for all the support!

Do you guys have any idea of othere people I could try to get to vote? Maybe anothere forum?

If I win the Zeiss Scope I will make sure to let you guys know! also I will post a story about my first hunt using the scope.

Thanks again for supporting a fellow long range hunter!

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

roninflag
I am shooting a savage 110 tactical rifle in 308 I did a Trigger job on it and also modified my stock, beaded the action and free floated the barrel. now It always shoots less then 1 moa with factory ammo but on a good day I have put all three shots through one hole at 100 yards with factory Remington hunting ammo. of course that is the same ammo I made the shot on the elk with. For some reason my gun really likes the Remington core-lokt ammo and its kind of cheap so that works for me.

The really cool thing is I got this rifle from my brother for $300 with bipod, sling and scope. It only had 30 rds fired through it. I have put a total of $500.00 into the gun and it shoots better then a lot of guns that cost double that.

I only need 3 more votes to make it into 5th place! I am getting excited! I think I would jump up and down if I won that Zeiss scope! No really I would. You guys have really helped me out a lot!

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

I think they do that so people cant cheat and vote for themselves an unlimited ammount of times, but yes they do make it a bit of a pain.
Thanks for your vote.. I feel like I am runnig for office or something.
Hey to make it feel more real maybe I should make some really long bad speach prommising to give you somehting I know I never will.

Jeremy VanSchoonhovn

Jeremy,
Another vote for you, hope ya win the scope.
Congrats on the nice elk!,
Wayne aka WAMBO

Hey guys I am in 5th place now! thanks for the votes!

Do you guys know of any good places to take long range rifle classes? I would really like to become a better shot but dont know of anyone around here (grants pass Oregon) that is really good at long range shooting. I feel a tactical course would help me a lot more then a benchrest class because lets face it how many times do you carry your benchrest 12 miles on your back just to make one shot?

Thanks for any advice!
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

I'd do a search on here for it. I remember seeing something about Shawn Carlock in Idaho having a long range shooting/hunting class.

I would just be a frequent visitor and read, read, and read some more on this site. You will be amazed at how much info you gather and retain over a years period and you'll have a much better understanding of whats needed to shoot LR. I'm willing to bet that within a year, most people can double there maximum range by coming to this site and just reading and then getting out in the field and shooting. Its nice to have a LR partner, thats for sure. I am from Hermiston, but thats still a ways from grants pass. Anyways, I would suggest hanging out around here and asking questions and what not and pretty soon, you'll know quite a bit.

Thanks for the advice! I come here and read a lot but its totally different getting out in the field with someone that really knows what they are doing. I dont really think I need someone to train with but it would be nice to at least watch somone that is really good.

This site has really helped me with my shooting and confidence! But one thing I have not found out how to do is train without a spotter. its hard becasue the range I go to shoot at is only 550 yards so to shoot farther then that I got to go out on BLM land and put up my own targets and I am having a hard time hitting stuff becasue I have no idea where the rounds are going. the only thing I can think of is making some huge targets. Besides getting a spotter what could I do?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.