planning a new build

Sg89

Im new here, and coincidently this is my first post so here it goes. Im planning a build on a stevens 200 short action, im going with a sss trigger and probably a douglas barrel chambered in .260 rem. Im looking for ideas on stocks... I've looked at B&C, Stockade, Choate, McMillan, and HS. Well the last two are kind of out of budget, and the others im not sold on yet. Is there any others I should be looking at?

Welcome to LRH. Two things, first... you should consider the Rifle Basix trigger over the SSS trigger. I've heard of some problems mechanically with the trigger after a lot of firings. The Rifle Basix trigger is the go to for Savage/Stevens rifles. Second, the Stockade Stocks are very nice. My cousin uses one and if I don't go with and XLR Industries stock, it will more than likely be a Stockade. I currently own the B&C Medalist A2 for my Savage, but the ergonomics on the Stockade are a lot nicer. Good luck with your build. Can't wait to see the finished product. Make sure you look into the bolt lift kit from Stockade, seems to really smooth the bolt lift. Another suggestion, make sure your firing pin only protrudes from the bolt face .050"-.055" for good accuracy and reliability. Welcome to the barrel nut brotherhood too!!:D

Tank

Thanks for the replies y'all, and tank ill definitely look into the rifle basix. Also thank you for the firing pin tip!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.