Feedback on plans for new 6mm build

I'd just view the barrel as a consumable at this point - if you shoot out a barrel, it means you had a lot of fun. There are plenty of prefits available that make replacing barrels very easy.

If more of a range rifle, the Seekins Havak Hit could be a good option to consider (chambers include 6 GT or 6 CM). Replacement barrels from Seekins are $500 and only take minutes to install.

For me - 6 CM is the easy button. But if strictly hand loading, you have plenty of options. Pick which one is easiest to obtain components for and go with that.

I'd just view the barrel as a consumable at this point - if you shoot out a barrel, it means you had a lot of fun. There are plenty of prefits available that make replacing barrels very easy.

If more of a range rifle, the Seekins Havak Hit could be a good option to consider (chambers include 6 GT or 6 CM). Replacement barrels from Seekins are $500 and only take minutes to install.

For me - 6 CM is the easy button. But if strictly hand loading, you have plenty of options. Pick which one is easiest to obtain components for and go with that.
I think this is what I needed to hear. Just pick one and go with it.

Trust me, if Seekins made a left handed rifle I would already own one! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_7840.jpeg
    IMG_7840.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 29
Of those 3 I'd pick either the GT or dasher and I'd lean towards the dasher for the increased barrel life since you're looking for low powder consumption and barrel life. It burns about 20% less powder in the same bore diameter than the GT.

I wouldn't even consider the 6 creed for high volume. You're burning 10gr+ more powder and on a high volume rifle you're going to get 1200 rounds or so before velocity starts falling off and it starts throwing shots at distance.
What did you read all that somewhere?
The GT/Dasher are about 3 grains apart in terms of H20 capacity so everything is essentially gonna be the same.

And the 6 creed isn't burning 10 more grains of powder, more like 3-5,
Dudes are running them 1500-2000 rounds in match rifles.
I have 600 rounds through mine sending 112 match burners at * edit 2950 with 39 grains of H4350, throat erosion is minimal.
Run it ****** hot and yeah 1200 is probably about right.

Last edited:
From what I've read, dasher burns ~31gr, GT ~34gr, 6 creed ~38gr, which coincides with what you're saying 7.62gunner

But I've read differing opinions on how fast that 38gr erodes the throat

From what I've read, dasher burns ~31gr, GT ~34gr, 6 creed ~38gr, which coincides with what you're saying 7.62gunner

But I've read differing opinions on how fast that 38gr erodes the throat
Totally depends on the powder, varget will be low 30s due to burn rate but apples to apples with H4350 and 112s the creator of the GT runs 36 grains.
The Dasher case capacity is approx 41-42 grains while the GT is 43.5 with lapua brass, zero chance there's a 20% powder burn discrepancy between the two..

2nd's on the 6ARC
Low recoil long barrel life
works great in a bolt gun
over 3000 rounds thru mine and it still shoots great