Pistolgrip or regular stock?

texan79

I posted this in Equiptment Discussions and got 1 reply. Hopefully it gets better visability and responses here.

Looking into an HS Tactical Stock up grade (from a HS Sendero stock) to gain the advantage of the adjustable cheek piece and LOP. My question is, are any of you using the pistol grip style stock, or the regular (traditional) grip, and why.

I'm leaning toward the pistol grip for prone shooting. Anyone have any input/ recomendations on the two styles?

Thanks

I got the Axiom stock put on one of my guns and i loved it, that is until i went and tried to shoot it off a bench. It is very hard to shoot off a bench because where you would normally put your rear bag there is nothing there. For prone position if you are not going to use a rear bag i think you would like the pistol grip but if you use a rear bag and shoot from a bench much then i would stay with the traditional stock. Hope this helps in some way.

What type of grip is on your existing stock?
Do you like it or do you want to change it?

Personally, I do not pistol grips on a rifle, but it is your rifle.

If you like your existing stock, why not just modify the comb and LOP? That would be a lot less money than buying a new stock; that is what I do. Custom fit is far better than adjustable.

Sniperjwt, you lost me.

A/C Guy, its an HS Sendero Stock.

what I'm shooting now:
hspalm.jpg

What I'm looking at getting:
pistolgrip.jpg

Looks like theres plenty of room for a rear bag to me?

Ok i had a different idea when you said pistol grip i was thinking something like this:

Thats my bad. In that case i am all for the pistol grip. I feel like it i better control over the stock and it just feels better in my hand than the traditional.
Sorry for the mix up

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.