Pillar bedding a X-Bolt

I needed a distraction from the first project, plus I am waiting for the Forster Stock Makers Hand Screws for a 700 to arrive.

In the meantime, I decided to re-bed the other X-Bolt stock that came on the 6.5 Creedmoor Suppressor Ready Hells Canyon except I put the 6.5 PRC barreled action in that stock. I used the white MarineTex with a little black epoxy powder to tint it close to the OVIX camo.

I need to find some Johnson paste wax, this Mequiar's Gold leaves a yellowish hue even if I buff it off the action. It rubs off the bedding, so I am thinking it's a chemical reaction with the MarineTex. It didn't happen with the West Systems 206. I don't ever recall seeing it with Johnson paste wax. I looked at O'Reilly's, Autozone, Advanced APs and Napa, they had every brand except Johnson. Maybe Wal-Mart, as bad as I hate going in that place.

I will clean it up this afternoon and then check out the bottom metal fit. I will probably bed the BM too.

IMG_1573.jpeg

I needed a distraction from the first project, plus I am waiting for the Forster Stock Makers Hand Screws for a 700 to arrive.

In the meantime, I decided to re-bed the other X-Bolt stock that came on the 6.5 Creedmoor Suppressor Ready Hells Canyon except I put the 6.5 PRC barreled action in that stock. I used the white MarineTex with a little black epoxy powder to tint it close to the OVIX camo.

I need to find some Johnson paste wax, this Mequiar's Gold leaves a yellowish hue even if I buff it off the action. It rubs off the bedding, so I am thinking it's a chemical reaction with the MarineTex. It didn't happen with the West Systems 206. I don't ever recall seeing it with Johnson paste wax. I looked at O'Reilly's, Autozone, Advanced APs and Napa, they had every brand except Johnson. Maybe Wal-Mart, as bad as I hate going in that place.

I will clean it up this afternoon and then check out the bottom metal fit. I will probably bed the BM too.

View attachment 507699
I used KIWI conditioning oil (its neutral color) for mine. Bought it at walmart. Works great/

Attachments

• IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 25