"Payment" for helping pack out an elk?

Just curious. What, if anything, do you do for a hunting buddy who helps pack an elk out? Share some of the meat? First shot next year?
I helped a few gentlemen pack a bull out of the mountains, it took most of my opening day in the 4th rifle season. Just listening to a group of "old timers" stories during rest breaks was payment enough! Got a thank you some hand shakes turned down whatever they offered in cash and never seen them again!

This is a really great problem to have - packing out an animal! But when you are older than dirt, this is a really important issue for you and buddies that are similar older than dirt so you need ALL the help you can get just to keep hunting due to physicality requirements to pack out critters. We all realize that and know we have to help each other just to keep going.

Just curious. What, if anything, do you do for a hunting buddy who helps pack an elk out? Share some of the meat? First shot next year?
We always have and always will share all meat equally and give-up first shot...( unless say it was a 6 x 6 elk last year and I see the 7 x 7 first....then he gets to pack another one and get meat...🤣)

This is a really great problem to have - packing out an animal! But when you are older than dirt, this is a really important issue for you and buddies that are similar older than dirt so you need ALL the help you can get just to keep hunting due to physicality requirements to pack out critters. We all realize that and know we have to help each other just to keep going.
Don't worry Muddy...I have a walker with a harness just waiting...what's a friend for!😏

When I was a kid and our families would all be hunting, after a killing an elk whatever family helped pack out usually got a quarter. Now it's only a couple of us still hunting and I have called my cousin to help with retrieving an elk a time or two and I always offer some but they never take me up and I never take them up on any offers of same. They have came to my rescue and I to them on several occasions and we don't ask anything in return.

I've packed out nearly 100 elk with only 18 of those being my own. Never received a penny and wouldn't accept it if were offered and good lord willing will pack out 100 more before the man upstairs calls me home. A hand shake and a thank is all that's needed.
Where do you hunt? I'm old and decrepit and can only shoot and gut one ( maybe) anymore.

When I was a kid and our families would all be hunting, after a killing an elk whatever family helped pack out usually got a quarter. Now it's only a couple of us still hunting and I have called my cousin to help with retrieving an elk a time or two and I always offer some but they never take me up and I never take them up on any offers of same. They have came to my rescue and I to them on several occasions and we don't ask anything in return.
Now thats the Friends and Family plan