Parting Out For My Custom Build

zslayer

Hey guys,

So I am doing a custom build on my Tikka T3X action. I have a McMillan game hunter stock on it already also have a Proof Sendero Light on order. Question for you guys is who or what custom triggers is there for an option? I played with a jewel trigger the other day and loved it but I don't believe they make one for the Tikka? Also any help on what my factory synthetic stock would be worth? Also the factory barrel? The factory barrel has a benchmark 3 port muzzle break on it with approximately 150 rounds.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Are you unhappy with the trigger or just the pull weight? I have been extremely happy with the Tikka triggers. Only one was too heavy for me and I remedied that with a spring from Ernie the gunsmith. If you do want to replace it I would recommend a BixnAndy.

I have a YoDave spring on the way. I'm gonna try that first, I do like the trigger but when I played with the Jewel the other day it was awesome!

I have a YoDave spring on the way. I'm gonna try that first, I do like the trigger but when I played with the Jewel the other day it was awesome!

Ya, it will never scare the Jewell. The BixnAndy is better than the Jewell and the price reflects that.

I did the same thing you are doing. McMillan stock, new bottom metal and a Bartlein barrel ... I kept trigger and have been happy with it.

Ok. I have been loooking at Atlasworx or Mountain Tactiscal. Atlasworx is much cheaper and available but I do not know much about either one.

Whoops, replying about another thread above.

Bottom metal was CDIprecision out of Florida. Owner was great to work with. Sent my stock to him and they inlet for free.

Bartlein barrel has been fantastic. Love the 7mm-08 cartridge. Fun to shoot. Have shot 5 inch groups at 800y.

Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.