Pair of pre-64 win

JOWEL

Yesterday I purchased from a friend two very nice rifles.-
WIN 70 pre-64 featherweight .264 WM
and
WIN 70 pre-64 -standard .300hh

maybe I will glass bed them, this is my first time with Win pre-64, Ive always used REMYS 700.- What should I expect from them?
The two are in pristine condx.

I own one in 270 Win, has never given me any trouble, it has eleven (11):D 8-point whitetails in its account. I actually did some upgrades to it, properly bedded, full floating, and tunned the trigger lighter. I dont use it as a long range shooting rifle, my farthest kill with it is at 385 yards. I just love it, very handy for backpacking hunts which is what I do. I hope you enjoy yours!!!!!

Don't know what you paid for them, but depending on condition, they could be worth big $$$ in original configuration. Expect to lose a high % of collector value if you change anything.

Your call...........

Jim

To someone that collects guns. If you change anything on those guns they become a "shooter" and are not really considered a "collectible" gun. They become a good quality bargain gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.