Packraft Hunting

The model I had there was an Unrigged Fjord Explorer. They have really improved things in 5 years as I see all the models have a nice length added to the stern. That was my only complaint. I lost a lot of forward motion with a side to side "waggle" on every stroke paddling across a lake. I did not complain much as I was happy as heck to have a 5 lb boat to get me around rather the struggle thru the rain forest of SE AK.

2-3 minutes. They come with an ultralight "sack" that works great instead of a pump. High volume, low pressure...

I cannot speak to that. I used it to get around on the lakes. I would tie it up and return to it.

That seems like the way to go instead of lugging it around. I watched some videos and hunters were literally dragging them around

There is a guy in Browning Montana that rents them out and I think he ships them to you. I think the business name is Backcountry Packrafts. Might want to check them out before you buy.

Some of the coolest hunts I've ever been apart of have been using the same watermaster I use for low access flyfishing. You'd be amazed at the ground you can cover and the terrain others will never come close to finding. Plus the pack out is literally tossing the animal on your raft and rowing out to the trucks. Can't beat that

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.