pac-nor info

Also, I think that there are so many variables to what makes a great rifle including every component and who built it, the quality of steel in THAT batch of steel that made your barrel, the lap, etc.

For what it is worth, I have never shot a "one hole group" with that 30.06 and PacNor barrel but close. I've gotten in the .3s with 3 shot groups and .4s with 4 shot groups using Barnes TSX, Nosler AB, and 185 VLDs. Interestingly, the rifle seems to prefer one of 3 powders the most: Re19, Varget, and H4350.

Shilen trued 2 700 actions for me which were the first 2 I ever had done and both wear #4 Select Match barrels. The 7mag has printed about 5 "one holers" with 3 shot strings over a 2 year period of time with 150 Btips.

I have a Broughton-Richards barrel on a 270 (when Greg Richards owned Broughton bbls), and it has printed one hole groups. I have 2 Lilja barrels that have done it and a friend bought his Lilja the same time I bought mine and his did it with factory 140 SST Hornady ammo, twice in 1 day.

My 308 Sako has a Obermeyer D-3 contour barrel and it has printed ONE 1-hole group with btips. All of these are at 100 yards.

If I had to choose one barrel maker for any and all future rifles, I could not do it. My top 3 favorites are Krieger, Hart, and Obermeyer.

My next barrel will be a Rock because I continue to read and hear awesome things about them.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.