pac-nor info

7mmultrafan

was looking for any info on the company or experiences with them. im thinking about having them rechamber and action for a 6.5-284 any help would be appreciated.

You just cannot go wrong with a pac-nor. I've got three of them and one on order----all shoot great and my gunsmith likes them and recommends them highly.

Randy

I use them for smokeless muzzleloader builds and they are outstanding in craftsmanship and C/S. Penny is a joy to talk too and if Casey has time he will answer any tech questions you may have. Highly recommend

Pac Nor is on my speed dial.........have a safe full of their tubes screwed on my s/shot

Savage actions...p/dogs are my game.....have calibers from 20 Vartarg to 6.5x55....also a

big game set up using a 12 twist 358 Win....on a 16 Savage action...currently have two tubes

ordered form me and a buddy.....mine is a 9 twist 20 BR...28" long and straight cylinder..built

for Berger 55's.....other one is a 204R with match chamber......I have always been very

satisfied with the quality and performance with Pac-Nor.....just don't be in a hurry...they are

busy....12 week wait for pre fit Savage tubes right now.....

I am currenly using 3 Pac-Nor barrels, all 26" long. One in .25-06 AI with 5-groove rifling and 1 in 10" twist; one in .260 with polygonal rifling and another in .260 with 3-groove rifling. Both 6.5 mm barrals have 1 in 8" twist.

All barrels produce excellent precision with well-tuned loads. The polygon barrel, which is on my Tikka 595 hunting rifle, performs better with loads approaching maximum pressures and delivers higher muzzle velocity than the 3-grooved barrel, which is on my Hunter Class silhouette rifle. The polygon barrel also retains a lot more copper fouling and takes longer to clean.

I've found Chris Dichter to be very attentive and easy to discuss things with. His prices are fair, his barrels are good and he delivers on promised dates.

I also use Shillen and Douglas barrels, and have used Schneider barrels as well. Nothing wrong with them, but I prefer Pac-Nor.

I've used 2 of them, both were ss super match. One was 222 Rem mag Ackley 3 groove and was 1/4 moa from the start. I just got a 6.5-284 5 groove 1-8 twist last month I put on a Tikka T3. It shoots 140 Berger VLDs into 1.5 inch 5 shot groups at 500 yards and under 1 inch at 300. Penny at Pac-Nor was great to deal with and kept me updated via email. They break in fast and clean easy. I am very pleased.

I have used 5 pac-nor barrels , 3 groove and 5 groove. Great barrels. Me and 2 friends have 338 edge's with 5 groove 10 twist ss super match and they all shoot under 1/2 moa, closer to 1/4moa. Customer service is top notch.

Thank you All for sharing your experiences. The last question I have is if you all would recommend pacnor doin the accurizing on my action while having the install it. I live in Amarillo tx. An there are very few gunsmiths that I have any experience with. Once again thank you all for sharing. I am new to the forum and can't wait to start sharing experiences and ideas with my fell lrh's.

If you want a top quality smith in Texas, I recommend Mike Bryant:

Precision Riflesmithing by Bryant Custom

I have a PacNor on my 30.06 that John Noveske built but that was before he turned his company into a military style firearm outfit. He used to work for PacNor so I got the barrel through him and I've been impressed with the rifle and the barrel, especially in terms of how well it cleaned and how clean it stays. That barrel simply doesn't appear to copper foul.

I cannot attest to the work PacNor does on truing an action. It doesn't appear to be rocket science and I would suspect that some builders perhaps are better than others but they all go buy their gauges and rely on them.

If I recall correctly from past conversations, Bartlien, Hart, Shilen, and PacNor (among others) all offer to fit the barrel on your action and they will "blueprint" it for you as well. I don't think there is anything wrong with that but I prefer a rifle builder to do all the work because that is what I'm used to.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.