PA. Votes NO

Did you vote for Hillary ? Because you are sure are anti gun right now.

I do not agree with the regulation of semi automatic for hunting and never will. I chalk that up to a loss for the hunting/shooting community. We as hunters and shooting enthusiasts need to fight to keep the rights we have before it turns into a snow ball effect. I personally do not currently use any of my auto loaders for big game hunting so it wouldn't affect me personally if they were to ban the use of them in my area but i would still fight to not have the law passed.

The problem today is not everyone thinks about the big picture. They just care if it affects them directly without realizing that the passing of laws that don't affect them in fact will one day. It will because the more you give them the more they(anti gun community) will take, They will NEVER stop. That is why we must protect our rights even if they don't directly affect us.

Most of the nations hunters don't use/own suppressors so they could really careless if they were even legal to own much less legal to hunt with or even own without a tax stamp. That doesn't make them an Obama or Hillary loving left wing idiot. They are just not understanding that passing of the laws that doesn't affect them eventually lead to the passing of laws that will take away their right of something that they love doing. That's how this works, slowly chip away at it until you eventually succeed.

I see no need to personally attack others for their opinions. Instead turn your frustration and concerns to your local, state, and national representatives. Let them know we as gun owners are fighting for our rights and we will vote/elect for someone that will stand up and fight for us. Send them emails, letter, and call to voice your opinion. Any public office holder will pay attention to the voice of millions as that is potentially millions of votes for them. If every pro gun person would send one email per week to their representatives then they would be more tentative to our agenda!

The left wing is fighting very hard every day and night to strip us of our rights. Are you fighting just as hard or harder to keep them or are you just winning and calling them idiots while they take your rights away??

Did you vote for Hillary ? Because you are sure are anti gun right now.

Well for the record, ive voted Republican in every presidential election starting with
Eisenhower's first term. Back then you had to be 21 to vote, and the way its beginning to look, maybe that wasent such a bad idea.
Ive also been a life member of the NRA since the early 70s, and am now an Endowment
member. Ive also seen to it that both my sons and a grandson will always be an NRA member by paying their way as life members. So you might say I'm a firm believer in
the 2nd amendment, as well as all our other rights under the constitution.
The fact is the PA game commission has been the target of a large percentage of hunters for as long as I can remember, and no doubt much longer than that.
As a former PA resident for 64 years, and as one who still buys non res PA licenses every year, still pays a considerable sum in PA real estate taxes every year, and has traveled about seeing what other states have to offer, I think I called it right when I said we have a bunch of whiners.
At least the PGC over the coarse of many years has seen to it that hunters in that state have several million acres of land to hunt on and walk on and fish on year round.
Check out most other states including some western states for a comparison on that.
Add to that several million more acres of state owned public land, and all the other
positive things for a hunter, PA has to offer.
Again for the record, I could personally care less what guns a person owns or chooses to hunt with. But it will be a tough sell to convince me it puts a (hunter) at a disadvantage by not being permitted to use them.

Well there you go, if slinging lead is what you need, they are certainly up to the job.
Take my word on that, this old fogey has owned and used 2 of them over a 70 year hunting career.
It's got nothing at all to do with guns, hunting, game management, or being denied an opportunity to participate, and every thing to do with an ever increasing bunch of whiners thruout our society.

It's hard for me to believe that with all your credentials that you would be so (It's got nothing at all to do with guns,) your quote.
Wrong again, It has everything to do with guns and the legalization of hunting with what gun you chose to. But when people like you stand in the way of that then people like me ( Pro Gun ) take offense to your old way of thinking. You had better think about what you're doing and look at the bigger picture.
I am glad to hear you voted Republican.

I do not agree with the regulation of semi automatic for hunting and never will. I chalk that up to a loss for the hunting/shooting community. We as hunters and shooting enthusiasts need to fight to keep the rights we have before it turns into a snow ball effect. I personally do not currently use any of my auto loaders for big game hunting so it wouldn't affect me personally if they were to ban the use of them in my area but i would still fight to not have the law passed.

The problem today is not everyone thinks about the big picture. They just care if it affects them directly without realizing that the passing of laws that don't affect them in fact will one day. It will because the more you give them the more they(anti gun community) will take, They will NEVER stop. That is why we must protect our rights even if they don't directly affect us.

Most of the nations hunters don't use/own suppressors so they could really careless if they were even legal to own much less legal to hunt with or even own without a tax stamp. That doesn't make them an Obama or Hillary loving left wing idiot. They are just not understanding that passing of the laws that doesn't affect them eventually lead to the passing of laws that will take away their right of something that they love doing. That's how this works, slowly chip away at it until you eventually succeed.

I see no need to personally attack others for their opinions. Instead turn your frustration and concerns to your local, state, and national representatives. Let them know we as gun owners are fighting for our rights and we will vote/elect for someone that will stand up and fight for us. Send them emails, letter, and call to voice your opinion. Any public office holder will pay attention to the voice of millions as that is potentially millions of votes for them. If every pro gun person would send one email per week to their representatives then they would be more tentative to our agenda!

The left wing is fighting very hard every day and night to strip us of our rights. Are you fighting just as hard or harder to keep them or are you just winning and calling them idiots while they take your rights away??

Yeah, just so you know, I do call, write and go to my Reps. office whenever I can and speak to them personally. In fact I'm trying to get a rifle range updated to a better shooting facility but like everything else with the PGC and state legislators it's an uphill battle all the way.
So I would say I have the space to Whine and Bit%h some when something was handed to all Pa. hunters on a golden platter and was voted down by a few old turds.
Did you see what happened how all this about legalizing semi autos for big hunting came about ?

Well speaking about rifle ranges, not long ago you were on here bitching about the PGC over that issue also. Then blamed out of staters for causing the damage to the backstops and leaving all the trash.
Seems as though about all you do is bitch about the PGC and others.
Fact is it was no doubt some AR clowns who whacked away at the backstops till they fell over.
Does the PGC owe everybody a place to go shoot? I don't think they do, especially if they are over run by idiots bent on destroying them.
Look I agree that it makes no sence to allow a hunter to use a semi auto shotgun for
turkey, but not be able to use the same gun with slugs for deer. Ditto with the rifles, like the semi auto version of the 760.
But lets be very honest here, that's not what you want.
You would be temporarily satisfied with a foot in the door allowing for ARs with 5 round mags. But very shortly, you would be screaming for larger capacity magazines.
Thankfully, the PGC is not controlled by the legislature who would pander to the crowd
in order to get votes. Which is exactly why so many other states have different laws.
Giving away cell phones didn't create better citizens, and allowing for these type weapons, which is what they are, will have no positive impact on the quality of hunting, or hunters in the state of PA or anywhere else.
At least some of us are thankfull for the type of leadership who understands that.

Well speaking about rifle ranges, not long ago you were on here bitching about the PGC over that issue also. Then blamed out of staters for causing the damage to the backstops and leaving all the trash.
Seems as though about all you do is bitch about the PGC and others.
Fact is it was no doubt some AR clowns who whacked away at the backstops till they fell over.
Does the PGC owe everybody a place to go shoot? I don't think they do, especially if they are over run by idiots bent on destroying them.
Look I agree that it makes no sence to allow a hunter to use a semi auto shotgun for
turkey, but not be able to use the same gun with slugs for deer. Ditto with the rifles, like the semi auto version of the 760.
But lets be very honest here, that's not what you want.
You would be temporarily satisfied with a foot in the door allowing for ARs with 5 round mags. But very shortly, you would be screaming for larger capacity magazines.
Thankfully, the PGC is not controlled by the legislature who would pander to the crowd
in order to get votes. Which is exactly why so many other states have different laws.
Giving away cell phones didn't create better citizens, and allowing for these type weapons, which is what they are, will have no positive impact on the quality of hunting, or hunters in the state of PA or anywhere else.
At least some of us are thankfull for the type of leadership who understands that.
Yobuck, bitch, cry, whine, scream, or yell I don't care what it takes to get your attention or the PGC or anybody else whom it concerns to change the laws for the better. So, while you're on here complaining about me and what I'm doing you could be talking to the PGC about doing something positive like passing a law so everybody can benefit from it, not just you.

Yobuck, bitch, cry, whine, scream, or yell I don't care what it takes to get your attention or the PGC or anybody else whom it concerns to change the laws for the better. So, while you're on here complaining about me and what I'm doing you could be talking to the PGC about doing something positive like passing a law so everybody can benefit from it, not just you.

Well the fact is ive done just that on several occaisions, maybe before you were born or at least not as vocal as you are now on a place where you might just as well be shouting into a trash can.
For the record, I played no roll in the decision the PGC made since I'm not a PA resident any longer and didn't receive any opinion ballot. But had I gotten one, rest assured it would have been a nay vote, and you can label me anyway you wish for having that mindset.
Also for the record I'm not upset over you or others not being permitted to use weapons designed for combat for hunting deer in PA.
I would argue for your right to own them mind you, and have done that through my
membership and contributions to the NRA.

I find it interesting that anyone who would hunt beyond the normal range with a gun out of the norm in configuration would object to this, really shine a light that it's really just about preserving hunting for the special cool people, hunting deer with a bench gun from a fixed position at range does not sound any more a legitimate hunting rifle than one designed for military purpose, so neither are designed for hunting maybe both should go if one can't be hunted with, I think that would probably upset the status quo!!

Well the fact is ive done just that on several occaisions, maybe before you were born or at least not as vocal as you are now on a place where you might just as well be shouting into a trash can.
For the record, I played no roll in the decision the PGC made since I'm not a PA resident any longer and didn't receive any opinion ballot. ("But had I gotten one, rest assured it would have been a nay vote," )and you can label me anyway you wish for having that mindset.
Also for the record I'm not upset over you or others not being permitted to use weapons designed for combat for hunting deer in PA.
I would argue for your right to own them mind you, and have done that through my
membership and contributions to the NRA.

I can not believe your mindset!!! and you say you're an NRA member, yeah well just proves my point further money can buy just about anything. You speak anti gun with a nay vote.

I find it interesting that anyone who would hunt beyond the normal range with a gun out of the norm in configuration would object to this, really shine a light that it's really just about preserving hunting for the special cool people, hunting deer with a bench gun from a fixed position at range does not sound any more a legitimate hunting rifle than one designed for military purpose, so neither are designed for hunting maybe both should go if one can't be hunted with, I think that would probably upset the status quo!!

Actually, none of the guns we use are out of norm for configuration Bigngreen.
Some might be considered such due to the weight of them, but most are pretty much
what can be bought from a factory today, and many are just that.
As for shooting from a bench, that seems to be a sore issue for some L/R hunters who
have never ventured east to see what the shooting conditions are like there, and why the vast majority of us shoot from benches of some type. Rest assured, that given the right shooting conditions, eastern shooters can compete with the best shooters anywhere from any type position and with any type gun. But it isn't, or at least shouldn't be about ones manhood as for shooting position.
As for hunting from a fixed location, again that's due to regional differences in terrain. You will find the game, then shoot from where you are, that's just the way it is.
And lastly, there are no special and cool people here or anywhere for that matter
that hunting is being preserved for. Fact is, the (tradition) of hunting as it was when I
first hunted deer now 70 years ago, is all but lost.
And by the way, there were guys hunting long range in the canyon areas of PA even then.

So your method is OK due to terrain but some guy simply wanting to use a rifle that just happens to have a different action should not be allowed to hunt. You guys have fought to be able to hunt in your way even though there has been a number of pushes against it, many think it's completely unethical and should not be allowed and it should be kept on the bench rest range, sounds like the same lines of attacks your using are the same you have fought against for your hunting rights!
I have no personal issues with either method, the only reason I would comment on something that is so far removed from me is the obvious hypocrisy being posted. Every shooting sport that is embracing the type of gear new shooters are using is exploding, look at the PRS, it's blowing up and going insane bring new shooters in and exposing them to gun culture. What shooting sports are dying, the ones that have not evolved to the new shooters while remaining true to there intent.

So your method is OK due to terrain but some guy simply wanting to use a rifle that just happens to have a different action should not be allowed to hunt. You guys have fought to be able to hunt in your way even though there has been a number of pushes against it, many think it's completely unethical and should not be allowed and it should be kept on the bench rest range, sounds like the same lines of attacks your using are the same you have fought against for your hunting rights!
I have no personal issues with either method, the only reason I would comment on something that is so far removed from me is the obvious hypocrisy being posted. Every shooting sport that is embracing the type of gear new shooters are using is exploding, look at the PRS, it's blowing up and going insane bring new shooters in and exposing them to gun culture. What shooting sports are dying, the ones that have not evolved to the new shooters while remaining true to there intent.

Yep, what I said too.

Well Bigngreen your talking about shooters, as in competition, and what this discussion is about is hunting. There is a significant difference between the two. Any type shooting that can advance the cause is great in my opinion and I would think most others also.
If you feel hunting should be based on individual ability as for shooting that's fine.
Lets then eliminate all the crutches, including any device which aids a shooter to make a more accurate shot.
You just happen to know people who claim they can shoot as well prone using a bipod
as they can from a bench. I have no argument with that, because I know that its possible. But let me pick the location where they shoot, and the situation will change
considerably.
Now the benches I'm referring to could be rocks piled up in order to rest a gun on, or a tree stump with a board nailed onto it, or a nice portable small table type bench. But as I said earlier, the very mention of the word bench irks some people, and the fact is many of them live west of the Mississippi. But regional differences of opinion are fine with me, how others feel is their problem.
But back to the subject matter, which is the decision of the PA game commission to
decline the use of semi auto firearms for the taking of (big game animals).
There are those like me who applaud the decision, and others who feel it was a
bad decision.
But the fact remains, nobody has been denied being able to hunt with a variety of
different choices, in a state offering oppurtunities others can only wish for.

Your wrong, a person will not go hunt with something they don't like, it's just like the shooting sports, you don't attract new hunter's by telling them just because your action is different you can't hunt is absurd and absalutely brings the envolvement level down, people completely understand a different method of take like bow vs rifle but a simple action difference even though many will shoot the same chambering is just the old guy mentality that your way is the only right way, look at where that is getting you!!
Personally I want hunting to be relevant to my grand kids in the future, I doubt they will hunt with the same equipment I do but if we pass on what is truly important like one shot kills regardless of action and true ethical behavior they will be out hunting and doing us proud though we may not like there new fangled guns!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.