Pa black bear

Havent heard from the State college friend guess hes SOL. Heard from Fayette County Fred today. He went into the Laurel with his scope covers closed and his Leupold set on 12 power. Jumped a bear at 8 yards. Needless to say it was a cluster ****. I offered my guide service for next year hahahahah. Ive killed two and dont care to kill anymore unless its a Grizz. Anybody tagged out? Pics?

Nope. Didn't see any after the first day. Still was a lot of hunters on the mountain though. A lot less shooting after Saturday too even though the numbers were not much lower plus there was snow on the ground. I cut a small track on Monday, didn't pursue.
My scope never comes off the lowest setting until I see what I want to shoot. Lesson learned for your friend I figure.

We had two crews set up long range hunting with about a mile between us.Another long range crew set up between us a killed a 400 pounder going up the far side of one of the points we were watching on monday.It was heading our way.....And the oldtimer that shot a bear with my Long Range gun last year killed a 200 pounder in the hollow right below us first light sat.Just wasnt our year.....Things are looking REALLY good for Buck season tho....gun)

Havent heard from the State college friend guess hes SOL. Heard from Fayette County Fred today. He went into the Laurel with his scope covers closed and his Leupold set on 12 power. Jumped a bear at 8 yards. Needless to say it was a cluster ****. I offered my guide service for next year hahahahah. Ive killed two and dont care to kill anymore unless its a Grizz. Anybody tagged out? Pics?

RHARFO- my son is in PA and we would like to hunt bears next year.

I can point him in the right direction. Dunbar mountains from the town of Dunbar back to Ohiopyle. And behind the Summit Inn hotel off RT 40. Large tracts of state owned land open to the public.

There is also Ohiopyle State Park. It's about another 10 miles past Dunbar. TYhere were a lot of bears killed there this year. You can't do wrong with Quebec Run, Game Land 51, Dunbar and antyhing along skyline drive. Its hit or miss every year which spot is better. as they travel a lot. It also depends on where the game commission puts the nuisance bears from that year.

Rharfo- thanks. i appreciate the info hopefully next year right before Thanksgiving. that 772 pounder being weighed on the news. Unbelieveable Big bear.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.