+P throat question

I've thought about both as both could be useful? No experience, only an observation! There were many tries at twist gain barrels that were less than beneficial or failures. Would either/both work best with monos or be destructive on c&c bullets? I don't know and haven't asked. +p throating is the equivalent to what was done with shotgun barrels (vang comp). The vang comp is less destructive, but is the +p with certain type of bullets?
OK, got it. You're using the same thing I used to decide on my bullet, that is ignorant prejudice.

OK, got it. You're using the same thing I used to decide on my bullet, that is ignorant prejudice.
It's funny as you type that while looking in the mirror. All of you peeps are making this thread about me instead of the op. Is this click bate attempts?

No click bait but you clearly need the attention.
SOoooooooooooooooooooooooo, you know where Jimmy Hoffa is and what actually went down in Dallas with JFK! You have all the answers to the universe.............well good for you! For complete universe knowledge see @MagMan for your needs and questions

Its similar to what I call a stepped throat. Others call it a bore rider. Its a two step lead. It does reduce start pressure and in some cases you can gain velocity. Like anything else theres trade offs but if you want the extra 100 fps or so thats what your going to have to do. In the smaller more efficient cases it does not seem to get you the extra speed. So its more of a magnum thing. Although some do use it in Benchrest, not for speed reasons. And most of the barrels I put on for the 1k BR rifles are gain twist too, lol.

Its similar to what I call a stepped throat. Others call it a bore rider. Its a two step lead. It does reduce start pressure and in some cases you can gain velocity. Like anything else theres trade offs but if you want the extra 100 fps or so thats what your going to have to do. In the smaller more efficient cases it does not seem to get you the extra speed. So its more of a magnum thing. Although some do use it in Benchrest, not for speed reasons. And most of the barrels I put on for the 1k BR rifles are gain twist too, lol.
Your reply/post answered some other questions I had. Thanks!

Thank you Alex. I have been interested in this Plus P. Your reply has helped.
Thank you very much. David. đź‘Ť

Please excuse my ignorance, but is the +p chamber a combination of a slightly longer throat and a longer more gradual leade? Do you think that that a wildcat like the 7/300 or 7mm Valkyrie Magnum would take advantage of it? Could you get a throat reamer to modify an existing chamber?
Paul

I am very happy with the +P in my 6.5 SAUM. I match the velocity I had in my 26" barrel with my current 22" barrel which was the goal (shorten it down for a suppressor and keep 3,000+ fps w/ 156 Bergers). I will gladly do it on any short barrel hunting specific rifle running heavy for caliber bullets if there is powder space available to take advantage of.