+P throat question

MCC335

What is done to the chamber in a 300 PRC to make it +P?
After reading DefensiveEdge website I am unable to figure it out.

Thanks!

I'm very impressed with my 300 PRC.. Shawn did the smithing and used a Hart barrel. I have gained close to 100 fps over perceived max with 215's and 230's. He did my 338 Edge also. Same thing there close to 100 fps. I have not hit pressure signs in either but I stopped because accuracy was there, and I felt that was far enough. Now, on my 6.5 PRC, didn't gain much at all. I would presume it is more effective in the larger bores?? Just my thoughts.

If you would have said nothing it would be an improvement over what you did.
Depends on how you read it! I guess your feelings were hurt! Dry your tears! Talk about defensive! I've looked at how +people is done as it can be a gimmick or it can be productive as not all barrels (just like any barrel) haves its quirks. What if the full length of the barrel was done in +p as having just enough scribe/ingraved on the bullet for rotation?

No tears, no hurt feelings. We've all chased performance at some point. People will make their own decisions in that. Shawn has been on here from the beginning and I have a lot of respect for him and what he's done. No more, no less.

Do you have some real-world knowledge you can give us why you think this?
I've thought about both as both could be useful? No experience, only an observation! There were many tries at twist gain barrels that were less than beneficial or failures. Would either/both work best with monos or be destructive on c&c bullets? I don't know and haven't asked. +p throating is the equivalent to what was done with shotgun barrels (vang comp). The vang comp is less destructive, but is the +p with certain type of bullets?