+P chambers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracybartlein

So, I'm throwing this out here and I'm going to be very blunt about it and I also posted this on Snipers Hide and Accurate Shooter.

Here is my stance on +P chamber throats. You're cutting away the height of the lands as well as making the throat longer (as much as another .750" from what we've seen) as I understand it and from what I've seen in several barrels customers have sent back to us. So, guys think they can run a heavier powder charge and keep pressures down etc... to get more velocity. Ok fine but by doing that you can expect it to have a negative impact on barrel life/accuracy.

This is another variable beyond our control. You want to put a bigger camshaft in your cars engine and a bigger carburetor I get it but then you add nitro methane in your gas tank or put nitrous on it as well to go even faster.... there is a tradeoff for going faster and doing things like this. You don't get to eat your cake and keep it to.

So, I've told all my guys in the office here... I will not warranty any barrel that a customer thinks the barrel died early etc... and they are running a +P chamber set up.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Long leade = shorter barrel life. Cartridge Base to Ogive longer than magazine length, another kick in the head on a brand-new barrel.

Frank, sorry to hear that you have to deal with such ignorance.

Perhaps a You Tube video could explain the facts of life in this regard. In the YouTube, examples of customers' wrong headed thinking would be enlightening. Would make an interesting book also.

Last edited:
Long leade = shorter barrel life. Cartridge Base to Ogive longer than magazine length, another kick in the head on a brand-new barrel.

Perhaps a You Tube video could explain the facts of life in this regard. In the YouTube, examples of customers' wrong headed thinking would be enlightening. Would make an interesting book also.
You need to understand the +p chamber. Freebore doesn't effect barrel life, it's the cutting of the rifling past the freebore after the bullet leaves the case.

This part is not accurate.

People actually have the stones to ask for warranty coverage on a barrel they got +P cut into?

"Hello sir, this barrel I hot-rodded the crap out of isn't shooting very good anymore, may I please have another? What's that, no of course you didn't chamber it. Or cut the +P throat. Or load for it. Or clean it. But you made it originally, so all those things that came after you sold it are obviously your fault." 🤣

Dear Ford, my truck got messed up because I put big mud tires on it and sunk the truck to the door handles in a hole then drove over a barbed wire fene and I think you messed up and should repaint my truck for me 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Left magnums decades ago for more efficient cartridges and faster powders and longer barrel life.. Never looked back No animal yet has noticed the speed difference. I've interviewed them and never a comment. I can compensate for drop and wind. I also cast out my ego with the magnums

I've interviewed them and never a comment.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

That made me chuckle into the Folgers a lot harder than it should have 🤣

If I did videos on youtube about stuff like this.... I've got a lot of material to use! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.