Outfitters for Hog Hunting

No way I'd ever do this place you must be associated with the ranch. Look up all his issues. Seems that guy has changed business names many times. He gets terrible reviews. I looked into it once before and it's a nickel dime operation. You pay for every little thing. Guest even had to pay for corn. You end up coming out paying a ton more than you expected.
A quick search for reviews will reveal all this.
If you are not associated with them please share your experience and the total cost of your trip. I would never pay per pound for hogs.

Thanks for the info. That's why it's good to look for opinions here before booking. I've been fooled more than once by the sales pitch of outfitters. When you visit booths at the shows they will tell you ANYTHING to get your business. My last pig hunt in SC was terrible. We were paid-in-full but left early. It wouldn't be the first time I left a hunting lodge early.

Yep I believe that place is a small fenced area and he's been in trouble with multi Texas agency that I found online. Very few guide will tell the truth. I've had a few but it's rare.

No way I'd ever do this place you must be associated with the ranch. Look up all his issues. Seems that guy has changed business names many times. He gets terrible reviews. I looked into it once before and it's a nickel dime operation. You pay for every little thing. Guest even had to pay for corn. You end up coming out paying a ton more than you expected.
A quick search for reviews will reveal all this.
If you are not associated with them please share your experience and the total cost of your trip. I would never pay per pound for hogs.
I am not associated with them and this was back in 2019. I didn't have to pay for corn But did pay for cleaning $1 a pound which after 9 pigs is a but of a sum. But still had great experience. Many places in Texas providing day or weekend hog hunts for $150-$200 a day. Shoot as many as you like. You clean it, no amenities of any kind. You can bring your own tent. No Guarantee that you are going to kill a pig. At the end everyone decides for themselves. Me and my buddy wanted meat and this was guaranteed to have pigs. We paid $375 for two nights three days for two of us. Was promotional price. And then as I said we paid $1 a pound for cleaning and butchering the meat. It was still cheaper than going to the shop. It was good place for people out of state wanting to shoot pigs. That's why I suggested it. Otherwise open Craigslist, Tx and it's full of small and big ranches asking for $50-$500 a day hig hunting. Please don't think that I want to mislead anyone.
Take care

I am not associated with them and this was back in 2019. I didn't have to pay for corn But did pay for cleaning $1 a pound which after 9 pigs is a but of a sum. But still had great experience. Many places in Texas providing day or weekend hog hunts for $150-$200 a day. Shoot as many as you like. You clean it, no amenities of any kind. You can bring your own tent. No Guarantee that you are going to kill a pig. At the end everyone decides for themselves. Me and my buddy wanted meat and this was guaranteed to have pigs. We paid $375 for two nights three days for two of us. Was promotional price. And then as I said we paid $1 a pound for cleaning and butchering the meat. It was still cheaper than going to the shop. It was good place for people out of state wanting to shoot pigs. That's why I suggested it. Otherwise open Craigslist, Tx and it's full of small and big ranches asking for $50-$500 a day hig hunting. Please don't think that I want to mislead anyone.
Take care
When you say clean for $1 a pound, is that just skin and quarter or are they actually butchering them?

Take care
No it's good to have first hand experience.
I also did a hunt like that in Florida for a group. Was fun but was a flat rate. Hopefully that guy got his stuff together. People make mistakes and as long as they try and change it then good for them.
I think that in the past that guy was grasping to hide things from customers. That's what the state was looking into. When I checked them out was several years ago and it seemed like every review was about what I got. Guy sold everyone on how they had to many hogs. Was very vague on the size of the ranch and gave price per hog then surprised people after they shot for the $1 per pound. For that cost I can waste a lot of time to do it myself. Many guys were even saying they had to pay extra after not seeing hogs to go to the honey hole and then buy corn. This was all forums like this . So hopefully it changed for the better.

Last edited:
Happened to think of this,
you
DO NOT
Have to be licensed to hunt hogs in Texas now.
So no out of state license fees apply.

Got this one the other night since this thread began.
6.5 CM Hornady black 140
300 yards.
Not far for most on here, but a stretch for me.
Shot him from an irrigation pivot tower.

Attachments

• E8161026-ACB1-4F00-ADAC-AD25AA106003.jpeg
    E8161026-ACB1-4F00-ADAC-AD25AA106003.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Happened to think of this,
you
DO NOT
Have to be licensed to hunt hogs in Texas now.
So no out of state license fees apply.

Partially correct. You DO need a license to hunt hogs in Texas on state lands, but not on private property (with landowner permission). You are still required to meet the hunter education requirements on public and private property.

Partially correct. You DO need a license to hunt hogs in Texas on state lands, but not on private property (with landowner permission). You are still required to meet the hunter education requirements on public and private property.
That won't be a problem, all three shooters involved are experienced hunters, who have held licenses before. The youngest will be my 30 year old daughter, the rest of us are in the 59-60 range.