Outfitters for Hog Hunting

I too am looking for a place to hunt hogs. I live in Minnesota and would like to bring my son (12 years old) who has only shot and hunted deer to this point. I don't want a multi shot, shooting spree type hunt like I see advertised everywhere. Looking to hunt from a blind. Can anyone point me toward a good guide or land owner?

I too am looking for a place to hunt hogs. I live in Minnesota and would like to bring my son (12 years old) who has only shot and hunted deer to this point. I don't want a multi shot, shooting spree type hunt like I see advertised everywhere. Looking to hunt from a blind. Can anyone point me toward a good guide or land owner?
Are you looking to pay per pig?
Are you concerned with free range? Or would you want free range with the option of a for sure thing is smaller thick pen?
I've hunted a place in Florida that was great for that. A few stands that were free range but also a 40 acre very thick pen. We were able to have a guys weekend that has 12 guys hunt that small place and never felt over crowded or even saw the other hunters. Stands over baited feeders

Place I went was a guide we used a few times but it ended up being absorbed by a place called southern outdoor outfitters.
Guys name is Paul. I ended up going to Texas now but still enjoyed Florida.

Don't know if you are on facebook or not but there are several groups on facebook that outfitters advertise on. There is a group called "Cheap Hunting Trips" that has several outfitters that list hog hunts. You can also post to the group for recommendations on places to hunt as well as outfitters. There is also a group called "Hooked on Hog Hunting".

Hi Nfolger, welcome on the list, fellow minnesotan! Sadly, I have limited connections in the south for boar hunting but it is nice to see a fellow minnesotan on the forum.

Don't know if you are on facebook or not but there are several groups on facebook that outfitters advertise on. There is a group called "Cheap Hunting Trips" that has several outfitters that list hog hunts. You can also post to the group for recommendations on places to hunt as well as outfitters. There is also a group called "Hooked on Hog Hunting".
I will look into the Facebook groups. Most of what I have found are more extermination type pursuit hunting than traditional sportsman hunts. Thank you for the information.

Are you looking to pay per pig?
Are you concerned with free range? Or would you want free range with the option of a for sure thing is smaller thick pen?
I've hunted a place in Florida that was great for that. A few stands that were free range but also a 40 acre very thick pen. We were able to have a guys weekend that has 12 guys hunt that small place and never felt over crowded or even saw the other hunters. Stands over baited feeders
I would like free range but my main goal is to get my son a "fair chase" shot on an unpressured pig. I will have to look into Florida. Thank you

Langford Farms in Alabama is top notch,you can rent thermo's if you don't have one and they actually are disappointed if you come out of the blind before sun up and quit shooting hogs.
Best place I've been, prices right too and nice accomodations