Oregon West Beatys Butte Antelope

My last one was a .33 RUM. I ended up only shooting about 100 yards. I should have held out for the long range opportunity the rifle was built for.

Talked with biologist he said they will be inforcing the ten day blind rule because of dry year worried a bout animals getting to water I think it's like an abandoned vehicle they tag it give u time to get it then they pull it to get it back you pay a fine

I appreciate you letting us know the outcome, and would love to see the pictures, but all I get is an invalid link message.

IMG_0586.jpg

Having this being my only antelope hunt I have been on .
Form a 1 to 10 and 10 being the highest a definite 9 lots of goats and seemed to be a fair amount of good bucks. The only complaint is it seemed like a lot of people were literally camping on and right by water holes. some were very competitive even if they seen you were set up on a group of antelope glassing them some of the hunters didn't respect that and would move right in on you and even drive or walk right by on dead end roads an go after the bunch I was looking over. There was plenty of animals so I felt there was no reason to be so cutthroat . I also came across good hunters that were very respectful and would back off

That's a very nice buck and what you mentioned is not uncommon in that there seems to be more and more jerks than true hunters out now that don't respect anyone else, but if you did that to them they would raise a hairy fit!

Very nice buck. I've been waiting 14 years and hope to get drawn in two or three years. I hope I don't run into that situation. ODFW actually suggested hunters not camp or sit too tight on watering holes to allow the antelope some access to the limited water available this year. Especially if you are hunting with a rifle, there is just no need to camp near water and ruin it for the antelope and the hunters.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.