'13 oregon antelope

bigry26

My brother and I drew out Owyhee antelope tags. We scouted the area 2 weeks before season and then we got there 2 days before the hunt started I shot mine at 6:30 am. He was 431 yards on an island in a dried up lake bed. My son, Brother, his son, dad and I walked about 1/2 mile out of camp opening morning to where we watched my buck for 2 days do the same thing each morning. My dad set up on a hill and the rest of us followed a ditch in the dark and set up waiting for it to get light. The sun finally broke and we could see the does but no buck and of course my dads radio decided not to work. We were getting ready to move when my son seen the bucks horns ove the sage on the far side of the island. We waited for what seemed like an eternity for a shot, he finally presented it my son called out the dope I dialed in and sent the 300 grain berger out of the 338 lapua. The buck hit the dirt and the rest is memory's
My brother shot his at 12:30 the same day at about 200 yards up a nasty steep draw. With his the sory is pretty easy as we were driving down a 2 tracker and seen him up on the hill. We stopped and my brother sent the 200 grain accubond out of his 325 wsm.
Here is my goat and my brother and I with his

Attachments

• 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    297.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Congratulations guys! If you don't mind the question how many points did it take to draw. I'm about 14 in and waiting.

Great post. Thank you. By the way, no matter where I kill my pronghorns, I have them mounted on the "heavy oregon face" manikin found in Research Manikins. Love those sculpted heads. One of my favorite species to hunt.

We've put in a variety of places. The Wagontire, Steens, Hart Mountain, Beatty's Butte, never the Owhyhee.

Some point saver years. Hart Mountain when we were booked up elsewhere, instead of point saver, just to feel like we had cards in the game.

We've put in a variety of places. The Wagontire, Steens, Hart Mountain, Beatty's Butte, never the Owhyhee.

Some point saver years. Hart Mountain when we were booked up elsewhere, instead of point saver, just to feel like we had cards in the game.

I drew Steens a couple years ago with 13 points I believe it was. Thing is there is a limited percentage of tags available for out of state hunters, so that might affect the odds some.

Couple of really nice Oregon antelope in those pics! Congratulations.

I drew Steens a couple years ago with 13 points I believe it was. Thing is there is a limited percentage of tags available for out of state hunters, so that might affect the odds some.

Couple of really nice Oregon antelope in those pics! Congratulations.

Yeah, that 3% NR antelope cap is hard to overcome.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.