Optic help

I love my Viper PST Gen 2. It's clear, solid turrets and has performed flawlessly for me. If you happen to be a Veteran, they are currently 50% off msrp for the next 2 weeks through ExpertVoice. That puts the 5-25x50 at $599. Cheers!

Thanks. Actually that's why I chose the list of scopes that I did choose because they are all around that price range right now for me. I'll between 500 and $700. So I figured I would go off that list, just trying to figure out which school is better to slap on that mini rifles

I second the bushnell LRTS from cameraland. I have one that I've used for the past 3 years. It gets tossed in the pickup and rides on the tractor with me without issue. Glass is great and does well in low light throughout legal shooting time in Oklahoma. I have gone through many scopes and have held on to the LRTS.

I second the bushnell LRTS from cameraland. I have one that I've used for the past 3 years. It gets tossed in the pickup and rides on the tractor with me without issue. Glass is great and does well in low light throughout legal shooting time in Oklahoma. I have gone through many scopes and have held on to the LRTS.

We are big fans of the Athlon Scopes. Great value scopes. The Ares BTR 4.5-27 X 50 Direct Dial, Side Focus, 30mm FFP Scope is right in your sweet spot at just under $1k. If interested in one, let us know we happen to have one in inventory.

I was gonna ask about the Athlon Cronus, Ares and Midas. I've never seen one, but have had people "try and convince me" the Cronus is not far from the Atacr. . Just can't be true. How's the Ares and Midas again my list of options? Need to get something ordered ASAP.

Vortex PST Gen 2 is a great scope. I shoot with a guy that has a Night-force NXS and there isn't hardly any difference between glass clarity. Also the PST Gen 2 has a great Zero stop. I have dialed out to 1200 yards at least a thousand times and right back to Zero. Never an issue. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Actually the Athlon Cronus is a solid scope, very nice surprise for us in testing. We have used NF and Vortex and at the sub $2k price point Cronus is really a great value. We also have the Cronus in stock as well if you are interested. Regardless read reviews and do your homework.

I usually spend the $$ and put an ATaC on my rifles. It's a little overkill for some of them and obviously expensive. The 300 RUM and 6.5 PRC both have the 5-25x56. In hindsight, I should have went with a little smaller optic since they are on hunting rifles.
That being said, I have 6 other rifles I would like to outfit with a more affordable optic. 1000 yard shooting max on steel. Used mostly for hunting elk down to coyotes. I don't hold over. I dial. I'm really lost on the amount of optics out there and As far as price, here's what I've narrowed down too.
Bushnell Forge
Viper PST Gen 2
Leupold VX5
Sig Whiskey 5
Sig Tango 4
Burris XTR
Riton RTS
Athlon Cronus

I don't care about weight. My 2 concerns are optical clarity at all magnification and durability of turrets. If I didn't have so many rifles that needed optics I wouldn't bother asking, but it's a big decision having this many. Does anyone have some real experience with some, most or all? And other options as well.
So......that's a narrowed down list....lol...just about anyone will do...about the only deciding factor is price as far as I'm concerned because they are all about the same level of scopes

So......that's a narrowed down list....lol...just about anyone will do...about the only deciding factor is price as far as I'm concerned because they are all about the same level of scopes

Yeah I knew that was coming. I just don't have much experience with most of those scopes in that price range. I just heard good and bad about all of them from random people here locally so I figured I would go where probably the best information would be which is this site. I think the VX five HD is what I'm gonna be ordering. I just left a local sporting good store (pretty big one.) The one that gave Cabelas and BassPro a run for their money without mentioning their name...... and they said the Vortx PST is their most returned scope which is surprising they would share that because I thought they always got a kick back from selling so many of them. Anyhow, VX 5HD it is.

I usually spend the $$ and put an ATaC on my rifles. It's a little overkill for some of them and obviously expensive. The 300 RUM and 6.5 PRC both have the 5-25x56. In hindsight, I should have went with a little smaller optic since they are on hunting rifles.
That being said, I have 6 other rifles I would like to outfit with a more affordable optic. 1000 yard shooting max on steel. Used mostly for hunting elk down to coyotes. I don't hold over. I dial. I'm really lost on the amount of optics out there and As far as price, here's what I've narrowed down too.
Bushnell Forge
Viper PST Gen 2
Leupold VX5
Sig Whiskey 5
Sig Tango 4
Burris XTR
Riton RTS
Athlon Cronus

I don't care about weight. My 2 concerns are optical clarity at all magnification and durability of turrets. If I didn't have so many rifles that needed optics I wouldn't bother asking, but it's a big decision having this many. Does anyone have some real experience with some, most or all? And other options as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.