Opinions on long range spotter

Engine26lt

I am looking for opinions on some long range spotting scopes. I have a 85 mm zeiss spotter and am looking for a smaller unit that is packable size. I dont want to pay for a zeiss again, but want a comparable glass. I am looking at the kowa, minox and meopta. All would be in the ed or flourite coated glass. I dont have any distributers close by to look myself so if you have used one of these let me know what you think. No I do not want a burris, nikon, weaver or wind river. I have looked at all of these in the 4 - 5 hundred dollar range and think they are all junk. I will use this spotter on deer and elk. It will be packed in all day. I want a excellent view at animals at 1000 plus yards. I will get a 15x45 or 20x60 eyepiece. Thanks in advance for your input.

Best spotter for the money period can be had from Valdada-IOR optics. They have new german made spotters half the price of those you mentioned and they are better optically. You haven't heard of them yet because they just got them. They have a collapsing 15-45 x 80mm that will knock your eyes out not to mention several HD versions. All their spotters feature ed glass so give them a call.
303-979-4578
Slink

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts