Opinions on Range finders?

Fotis

OK fellas, not rich here-just an enlisted USAF guy so, what say you? As anyone else, I would like nice consistant readings out to at least an honest 1000 yards.

I have been looking at Nikon 1200, Bushnell 1500, leica 1200 and some others. Please advise.

We do not carry the Leica, but I have played with both the Bushnell and Nikon. The Nikon seems to be more consistent on long distances. We have had a larger number of returns on the Bushnell Elite 1500 also.

I bought my Swaro last year and cannot believe I went this long without one. A lot of fellas hunt long range around here. At least 3 or 4 of them bought a Swaro after seeing mine. I am not a wealthy person, but the Swaro is DEFINATELY worth the $$$!!!! Hands down.
I have used the Bushnells in the past and was satisfied with getting a reading every now and then. They never really extended their range capabilities. The Swaro will just barely miss kissing 2000 yards (again, from a 1500 yard rated device!!).
SWARO...SWARO...SWARO....SWARO...!!!!!!
Wolfdawg

[ QUOTE ]
I bought my Swaro last year and cannot believe I went this long without one. A lot of fellas hunt long range around here. At least 3 or 4 of them bought a Swaro after seeing mine. I am not a wealthy person, but the Swaro is DEFINATELY worth the $$$!!!! Hands down.
I have used the Bushnells in the past and was satisfied with getting a reading every now and then. They never really extended their range capabilities. The Swaro will just barely miss kissing 2000 yards (again, from a 1500 yard rated device!!).
SWARO...SWARO...SWARO....SWARO...!!!!!!
Wolfdawg

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could afford it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Amen, the swaro is the undisputed king of range finders. I really like the Lieca CRF for a hunter who doesnt wanna shoot past 600-700yds though

steve

+1 for the swaro. You might want to check out eurooptic.com or samplelist.com for good prices. Still expensive even at a discount but saving up for it is well worth it IMO.

-polarcow

I must be the unluckiest Swaro buyer out there . I bought 2 Swaro DUDS before I got a good one . I own a Leica Scan and a Tasco . Repeatability of the first 2 Swaros stunk and I am amazed I have not seen other such reports . The 3rd Swaro. is great , and I would not part with it . I have never had any trouble with the Leica Scan and Tasco ( much shorter range ) , and have held on to the Leica until I had built up some confidence in the Swaro . BTW , there are no repair facilities for Swaro in the USA , they just kept sending me new ones .

That is a GREAT point about the Swaro! I am not one throw away money, so I vigorously look for the best deal around. BUT, When dealing out that much cash, Make sure you buy them from an AUTHORIZED dealer! Swaro won't cover the warranty without buying from an authorized dealer. If you read through www.eurooptics.com, you will see that they are NOT an authorized dealer. Alex is great to deal with, though. Just be careful when you dish out the dough!!!
Wolfdawg

Pop,

I'm a poor guy as well, living with 3 women and horses!
I love my Swarovski Laser Guide.
If you can, wait until you can afford to buy one, you won't be disappointed.

JD338

[ QUOTE ]
Pop,

I'm a poor guy as well, living with 3 women and horses!
I love my Swarovski Laser Guide.
If you can, wait until you can afford to buy one, you won't be disappointed.

JD338

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it cost?

I have one on the way from Steve and BJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I had to sell some things to fund it, but it will be worth it!
I will get it just in time for hunting in Colorado.

[ QUOTE ]
I must be the unluckiest Swaro buyer out there . I bought 2 Swaro DUDS before I got a good one . I own a Leica Scan and a Tasco . Repeatability of the first 2 Swaros stunk and I am amazed I have not seen other such reports . The 3rd Swaro. is great , and I would not part with it . I have never had any trouble with the Leica Scan and Tasco ( much shorter range ) , and have held on to the Leica until I had built up some confidence in the Swaro . BTW , there are no repair facilities for Swaro in the USA , they just kept sending me new ones .

[/ QUOTE ]

I have found that some of the "new" batteries shipped w/the units are a bit weak. When we get one that is inconsistan, a new battery fixes it.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.