Opinions on current rule for Classified posting

I am a long time member of a large "fishing" forum on the SE Tx gulf coast, 2coolfishing, and their posting requirements are 25 posts before access to sell on the classifieds. It does seem to help cut down the scammers there.
Provided for comparison only.

2cool is great! Met one of my most reliable fishing buddies there. Well, until he got married and started makin' babies…

I would say to the subject that most who get scamed are just not paying attention ,asking questions from the seller or as mentioned have a phone conversation with the seller.The old rule is that if its to good to be true it probably is. Also look at sellers feed back.
This is a solid idea, but it takes people willing to participate to make it work. I'm a relative short timer here, but I have probably had 25-30 deals on classifieds, all without a hitch, but I had 8 people leave feedback. No big deal, we're all busy and everyone has things to do, but it can be a little deceiving.

Too many restrictions or added fees may also cause this forum to lose potential members and eventually die off. It's not an easy problem to solve, but rushing to pushing out new rules may not be the answer

Idaho gun trader implemented a fee of 6.00 dollars a year for unlimited postings and it has stopped the scammers pretty much from listing items however scammers can answer adds with weird transaction details to buy your item which is up to the seller to filter out if it's legit or not. I don't really feel making people pay is a way to stop this as people should pay more attention rather than money,think before you buy and investigate the transaction I don't think we should pay because of buyers carelessness

Glad the new rules weren't in effect on Sunday when I was able to buy a ZCO scope from a member.

Today I wouldn't be able to message the seller....

Now to just get my post count up to the new requirement

On another thought if a person can't research before buying they deserve to be scammed, maybe after a few times they will figure it out.Don't be an impulse buyer STOP AND THINK before you leap otherwise suffer the consequences and don't whine about it.

On another thought if a person can't research before buying they deserve to be scammed, maybe after a few times they will figure it out.Don't be an impulse buyer STOP AND THINK before you leap otherwise suffer the consequences and don't whine about it.
Have to save people from themselves apparently

I'm a relative short timer here, but I have probably had 25-30 deals on classifieds, all without a hitch, but I had 8 people leave feedback.
I've had plenty more deals than I have feedback also. I think the buyer seller forum makes it confusing to leave feedback when it's very simple to click on someone's avatar and review feedback or leave it.

Y'all nottice this, received an unsolicited PM, just a question and when I went to reply I noticed this

IMG_2762.jpeg