Opinions on current rule for Classified posting

I would imagine the majority of the scams that are on this site are related to WTB ads - you're just fishing for people to reply with hard to find items and for a price that's too good to be true.

I mentioned this in another thread as well - if replying to an ad, don't state "I'll take it". Scammers have been creating profiles with very similar names as the seller (usually with a "." At the end of the name) and then initiating PMs with the buyer. This has happened several times on Snipershide recently.

As others have said, do your homework when dealing with people on the internet. Personally, I'm hesitant to buy from anyone without much feedback or decent history in this forum.

I'm fine with whatever but as far as not getting scammed, you gotta be willing to get people out of their comfort zone when asking them questions about the item and requesting things such as pictures sent to you with name and date in the pic. If they get mad and don't want to sell it to you anymore…you probably just saved yourself some trouble.

I won't buy anything over few hundred bucks from anyone unless they are well known.

Scopes, rifles, actions.... you need to be pretty well known to me.

On $50 items I'm much more relaxed, but still won't buy unless they have some history.

I actually told a new guy that he can ship the stuff first then I'll pay him. He declined and didn't think that was right. [On another forum]

I told him that's fine someone else can vet you then.

I am one of the most paranoid people on the planet. If I don't know where I can hunt you down if need be.....no deal!
Now, having a escrow would end most of this but.....who will set this up and make sure it operates as it should?
I had a guy call me yesterday claiming he was the sheriff and if I didn't pay he would come arrest me. Or at least that is what I think he said. His middle eastern accent was hard to understand.....so I have been looking out the window ever since everytime thedog barks!

You and I would get along GREAT!
You know it's not that I don't like people.....but people are the reason I don't like people.
FB_IMG_1703100603660.jpg

So for pictures we are looking for black around the name tag as it's probably photo shopped in . I've got one from my scope delimma . Looks suspicious might be legit but does look funny . What do you think ?
Scam. The pixelated name card means they enlarged the name card significantly to scale with the photo.
Note that no other text in the photo is pixelated like that.

Effective immediately

Why don't I have permission to post here?
The classified section of Long Range Hunting is just one part of the community. We ask that you be a registered member for 30 days, make at least 25 posts, and have some interaction with the community in forums other than the classifieds before you can be approved to participate in the classifieds. We don't charge for the classifieds, but we would all love to get to know who we are dealing with. A great place to start is with an introduction about yourself. Feel free to start an intro thread here .

I would say to the subject that most who get scamed are just not paying attention ,asking questions from the seller or as mentioned have a phone conversation with the seller.The old rule is that if its to good to be true it probably is. Also look at sellers feed back.

I would say to the subject that most who get scamed are just not paying attention ,asking questions from the seller or as mentioned have a phone conversation with the seller.The old rule is that if its to good to be true it probably is. Also look at sellers feed back.
That too. Always best to check your emotions and instincts before jumping on those "great deals" that can't be passed up.