Opening up a McMillan edge fill stock

buster2765

I just bought a McMillan game hunter rem 700 sa stock (edge fill) off this site to replace a factory stock on my New Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. It is not a drop in fit. There is not enough room for the mag box & the barrel channel is not big enough. The seller has agreed to take the stock back but before I send it back can I open the mag well up & barrel channel on this stock. I have modified stocks before to accommodate larger barrels before but have never done this with a McMillan edge filled stock. Thanks Darwin

Darwin,
I just opened up a McMillan game warden edge filled stock from sendero steel contour to a proof sendero contour. No issues at all!

So there's not a 'shell' that you have to worry about cutting through ? I have an edge fill game hunter and worried about same issue if I open it from a sendero channel to .980 straight bull contour ...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.