One Scope - Mulitple Roles - Your Pick

I have a 3-24 x52 March F.I like all features of scope,but past 20 it is not clear and I get no use above that.The paralax is very picky also on the 20+.I have a Leo Mark 5,5-25x56 and it is much clearer at 20 and up.I could see twist in barbwire at 440 yard and it was just line in March,that cost much more money.Like the weight of the March for packing
You either need to send that scope in or take the time to get your reticle focused(not saying you didn't). mine is good at all mag ranges.

thats what I hear Wonder if it is because it might be 3-4 years old?I do like the scope very much.

Where is the march for 2700.00, my son in law got his trijicon for 1500.00 new ebay price is 1700.00
Opticplanet price is 3000.00-3400.00 for the march. No matter if it was 1000.00 not worth the extra few ozs for me.

Longrangesupply.com
You could also get the 2.5-25x52 for 2347, the illuminated version for 2573. 24.5oz

- Superb glass
- Simple reticle
- SFP
- MOA turrets with positive clicks and excellent tracking
- Lightweight
- Able to take a beating (for mountain hunting, not combat)
- Somewhat compact
I just built another PRC, and had mostly the same requirements. After spending way too much time mulling it over, I went with the 2.5-10x42 Nightforce.

While it may be lacking in the superb glass department, it checks the other boxes quite well. With predators on the menu, I feel illumination is a requirement.

"Somewhat compact" is somewhat subjective, but to me, going over 44mm is over the line. And while I generally prefer more X's, I think 10X is fine to 800.

I just built another PRC, and had mostly the same requirements. After spending way too much time mulling it over, I went with the 2.5-10x42 Nightforce.

While it may be lacking in the superb glass department, it checks the other boxes quite well. With predators on the menu, I feel illumination is a requirement.

"Somewhat compact" is somewhat subjective, but to me, going over 44mm is over the line. And while I generally prefer more X's, I think 10X is fine to 800.

I've spent waaaay too much time reading specs and opinions on several of the optics mentioned here and I've pretty much settled on the 2.5-10x42 NXS as well. Something still has me wondering if I should save for a few months for a 4-16 ATACR. Just ready to make a decision and be done.

I know the illumination on the NXS compact is the newer digilume but has anything else been updated on the 2.5-10 that hasn't been update on the 3.5-15? Same glass?

Full disclosure, I'm upgrading from an XTR II to my first Nightforce. I'm hoping that the glass will be noticeably better in the NF and that I won't be disappointed.

The ATACR wasn't an option for me....too big, too heavy, too much $ for my build.

In fact, I was trying to find a 32mm before I finally bought the 42. If weight & size wasn't a concern, I would have moved some scopes around & put on one of my 3.5-15's. My bare gun goes 7 lbs on the nuts.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts