One Proud Papa!!

Coy Franks

This is my grandaughters first hog. She is 12 years old and has been involved in 4-H rifle club for several years. She dropped this hog at about 50 yards running full speed perpendicular to her with one shot using a rifle she had never shot before. She's even better with a bow!!

I still haven't hit the ground!!!! I'm so proud for her!!!

Attachments

• madison and hog.JPG
    madison and hog.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 104
Coy: Be proud - and rightfully so. Sounds like that young lady is on solid ground and off to a great start.

I now have 5 grandkids and keep saying "If I would have known before how much fun is was to be a Grandpa, I'd have bypassed the first stage". Nothing like it.

nice shooting there. why was the pig already running? you weren't trying to run him over in the truck, were you???

Congrats to your granddaughter for well earned success. When you're 12 it's difficult enough to hit the target when it's standing still. Taking it on the run is really special.
I'm a grandpa and I know how proud I was when the granddaughter took her first pheasant. Feels good don't it? :D

nice shooting there. why was the pig already running? you weren't trying to run him over in the truck, were you???

I knew where they would return to the river so I had her set up next to the trail. Her grandmother then took my red pickup to the far end of the field and when they saw it
(they definately know it by sound and sight) they ran for the hole. They were running full speed when they got to her. After they passed her I shot four more with my SKS.

Hey, I waited two whole days before I ran over half of what was left of them with by truck. I could have gotten more but I ran out of field.

That is very cool Coy! Sorry we missed getting to visit last time we were in the neighborhood. I'd love to sneak back down there again in the (hopefully) near future. Hope all is well with you.
NT

I'm going to brag again!!

This is my 10 yr old grandson and his first hog. His 50 yd shot was from my backyard through the front yard. The hog was 30 yards from my front door. One of many! He bloodied his uncle's new LaRue PredatAR 7.62 for a one shot kill. Needless so say he and his grandfather are proud!! It took him almost a nanosecond after the picture was made to inform his older sister that he can shoot too!!

Attachments

• Hudson's first hog.jpg
    Hudson's first hog.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 101
It is great to see so many kids getting or staying involved in shooting. they're the ones that are going to have to carry the torch later.

After reading some of Coy Franks posts though, I wonder how long it'll be before he is teaching the kids to drive the truck! :D

Packrat

Good job.gif

Jeep.gif

I'm proud to pay my taxes to the US of A, however would be just as proud if only paying half as much!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.