One Clean Rifle 🙌🏼

Here's a little update from some testing with bullets in the mag. These are 208 ELDM's at 3.620" COAL in a Hawkins hunter mag.

The tips get thumped pretty good in there. The BTO does not change at all though. And I only have .001 neck tension. But clearly there would be some long range consistency issues with the follow up shots. Two on the left came out of the mag. Right bullet is fresh for comparison.

View attachment 533234

Unfortunately I did not test the smashed tips today, because it simply slipped my mind after shooting long range, single feed style.

This was a 1226 yard group with the 208's just single feeding them though.

View attachment 533236

Maybe I'll intentionally save like 5 rounds from the mag with smashed tips and shoot side by side groups at say, 7-800 yards and see the differences in groups and impacts.
Curious about the bipod shown. What brand and etc is that. Thanks!

Just got the barrel for the next leg of this rifle build.

7mm Brux #6 contour. 1-9 twist, spiral fluted by bugholes.

Going be chambered in 7-300 NMI, with a 26" finish length and hopefully shooting the 180 ELDM's over 3200.
IMG_1292.jpeg

Huntnful,

Looks really nice. Question: Why did you go 1:9? Is that a typo?
It's not a typo.

So I actually have a benchmark 1-8.5 twist on order. But it could be several months. So I found this 1-9 twist brux in stock in my desired contour, and 1-9 twist will stabilize all of the 180 class bullets, which is what I was wanting to shoot anyways.

I ordered the 8.5 twist initially so I could still test the 195 Berger's and 190 A-tips. But I'll just forgo that testing in the 1-9 twist and just focus on the 180 class bullets. Specifically the 180 ELDM and 180 VLDH & VLDT