One Clean Rifle 🙌🏼

It's not a typo.

So I actually have a benchmark 1-8.5 twist on order. But it could be several months. So I found this 1-9 twist brux in stock in my desired contour, and 1-9 twist will stabilize all of the 180 class bullets, which is what I was wanting to shoot anyways.

I ordered the 8.5 twist initially so I could still test the 195 Berger's and 190 A-tips. But I'll just forgo that testing in the 1-9 twist and just focus on the 180 class bullets. Specifically the 180 ELDM and 180 VLDH & VLDT
Gotcha,

I thought the 180 and up pills needed a little more than 9.

Good luck with your project. Keep us posted on your progress!

PH

Gotcha,

I thought the 180 and up pills needed a little more than 9.

Good luck with your project. Keep us posted on your progress!

PH
Not at 3200-3300 FPS. 1-9 puts them at full stability at sea level, which is where I live. So I can true my drops with a full BC value here at home with no worries. And then going up in elevation increase stability substantially.

My buddy has a gunwerks 28 nosler shooting the 180 vldh

He's around 50 kills all around the world on it. I do not think one animal has a taken a step. That includes moose and grizzly over 450 yards
Good to know! I killed a caribou and a few bucks with the 180 VLDH and it was was devastating for sure! Almost to the point I'd like to look at the heavier jacketed bullets if I'm pushing them at 3300fps. That's why I have VLD T in there to test potentially.

I like to keep some fur in the scope all year to keep my killing ability alive and well, even if its with a 300 Norma hahaha. From 60 yards to 544 yards.

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

IMG_1304.jpeg

IMG_1308.jpeg

Really looking forward to all my 6PRC components showing up! That'll be a coyote smasher for sure!

I know this cartridge was abandoned a few years ago by a lot of people because they couldn't get it to perform like the 300 nmi. Seemed very picky to load for and at the time the bullet selection was slim for the velocity they were running. I hope this one works out as well for you as your 300's have! Regardless guy have an itch that needs scratching!

I know this cartridge was abandoned a few years ago by a lot of people because they couldn't get it to perform like the 300 nmi. Seemed very picky to load for and at the time the bullet selection was slim for the velocity they were running. I hope this one works out as well for you as your 300's have! Regardless guy have an itch that needs scratching!
I will definitely be curious to test it first hand for sure! If it does give me too much fuss, I'll just screw my 300 NMI barrel back on. That thing is absolutely hammering.

We just thought you swapped barrels quick before!
Hahaha I just get bored honestly. We could all kill a deer/elk with just about anything if we wanted. I just need something new to keep me out shooting often. If this cartridge pans out, it'll be awesome. And if it doesn't, the 300 NMI is always at the ready!

Recent Posts