Old stock Herter’s bullets

I still use one of the heavy Herters C presses, adapted to standard shell holders, various Herters dies, but no bullets. Do have a Herters coffee mug and some other non shooting stuff, including their books. Interesting reading, too.

Still have a couple of boxes of these, a couple of sets of dies and other items:

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 23
I loved going to the store in Mitchell SD with my dad. The memories were wonderful. To see the wall full of recurve bows, the tank they would have lures in from time to time. It was an awesome trip for me. Back then, I didn't care about reloading...Fishing and seeing the taxidermy. Everytime i drive by the old store just off the interstate it brings back those memories...Yes, I'm getting old...

Some one mentioned Herters Wasp Waist Bullets. Somewhere in some of my old reloading stuff. I have part of a box of 22 Cal. 50 or 55 gr. Wasp Waist Bullets bullets, I tried them in a 722 Rem. Did not shoot as good as Sierra bullets. Haven't seen them in years.
Herters made a 130 gr. 6.5 round nose bullet with a cannular for the small European 6.5mm cartridges. I got a box of them to fire form some new 264 WM cases. Was in my shop and could see my green bean patch. A ground Hog raised up out of the beans. I shot it with the 264 WM. Turned the head inside out. Downright ugly.