Ok I am not a big fan of the 6.5 Creedmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
No yet, but I took a promotion that is going to relocate me to Tennessee for a couple years, so I am anxious to try it out. That is also a difference - if you are hunting in open country in idaho and a deer or an animal runs 100 yards and dies, you can usually see where they fall. I understand back east it is pretty thick stuff.
Be ready for 25yd to 600yd shots here in the east, you can be in the woods where 50yd is a long shot, and then step out into a large field and have a 600yd shot.

Be ready for 25yd to 600yd shots here in the east, you can be in the woods where 50yd is a long shot, and then step out into a large field and have a 600yd shot.

I told my wife I need a new rifle for the type of hunting Out there - I tried to make the argument that all my rifles are set up for idaho open country stuff. I got an eye roll - i am thinking that is a "yes please buy another gun" eyeroll

I told my wife I need a new rifle for the type of hunting Out there - I tried to make the argument that all my rifles are set up for idaho open country stuff. I got an eye roll - i am thinking that is a "yes please buy another gun" eyeroll
It always is, followed by a very stern and silent gaze that says, "Whatever, but you'd better stop by the jewelry store on the way home, too........" :D

Ha.. that is funny. A 3-12x50 with a good turrets is the best optic for eastern hunting. I'am trying to talk my self into a .308 with a 20" thick barrel so I can hunt in the woods and shoot long range with it for fun. I already shoot the 6.5cm, I just need a new medium range/ hog gun.:D

Ha.. that is funny. A 3-12x50 with a good turrets is the best optic for eastern hunting. I'am trying to talk my self into a .308 with a 20" thick barrel so I can hunt in the woods and shoot long range with it for fun. I already shoot the 6.5cm, I just need a new medium range/ hog gun.:D

I have a 25-06 with a 3-15x56 VX5HD - that would probably work just fine I am guessing...

4D7B678D-AEBC-4FF8-B470-6169E2A37595.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts