Often misspelled or misused word here in LRH ...

Pro2A

Help me understand your position on that;

running​

[ ruhn-ing ]

See synonyms for running on Thesaurus.com

noun​

1 the act of a person, animal, or thing that runs.

2 managing or directing: the running of a business.

3 an act or instance of racing: the 113th running of the Kentucky Derby.

4 the condition of a track or surface to be run or raced on: Our track team had muddy running today.
the amount, quality, or type of a liquid flow.

adjective

galloping, racing, moving, or passing rapidly.
(of a horse)

1. going or proceeding rapidly at the gait of a gallop.
  2. taught to proceed at a gallop.
creeping or climbing, as plants: a running vine.

adverb

in succession; consecutively: He slept badly for three nights running.

To me, use of the word 'running', as it applies to equipment, is appropriate - especially if it's an article or device I have used in the past and intend to use again - that is exactly what 'running' implies!

The one that grinds my gears (for no logical reason) is 'coarse' instead of 'course'

Haha, fun thread!
"Using" is so correct, but not nearly as tacticool as "running."

ID Mtn Man

It is now considered unfashionable to write without mistakes. Show me someone who complains about typos and writes a blog every day. Well, try me. See? There's no one like that. Because if a person is trying to offer their ideas every day and express them in an intelligent, orderly way, they have absolutely no business complaining about other people's typos. In this day and age, writing has to be frugal. One must now concentrate on discussions and ideas, and leave aside the process of editing and the pursuit of perfection. As the writing world progresses, spelling terrorists will be left out. Here are five reasons why complaining about spelling errors is completely silly and old-fashioned.

I call complete BS! Lazy spelling and grammar decreases the quality of communication. It is inconsiderate and demands more on the reader to extrapolate what the write intended. Furthermore, spelling and grammar is often a very good metric of a person's intelligence. I am more likely to trust a person's advice on reloading if they know their there/their/they're/there's/theirs. It's more likely they understand CBTO vs COAL or MOA vs. 1" at 100 yards.

Sometimes it's just petty. But unfashionable to write without sucking? Don't excuses for being lazy.

Axl

I call complete BS! Lazy spelling and grammar decreases the quality of communication. It is inconsiderate and demands more on the reader to extrapolate what the write intended. Furthermore, spelling and grammar is often a very good metric of a person's intelligence. I am more likely to trust a person's advice on reloading if they know their there/their/they're/there's/theirs. It's more likely they understand CBTO vs COAL or MOA vs. 1" at 100 yards.

Sometimes it's just petty. But unfashionable to write without sucking? Don't excuses for being lazy.
It can happen to the best of us! LOL

ntsqd

That can be a deep topic all by itself. what? Someone had to say it!

To dampen is to make moist.
To damp is to attenuate a force.