Number one prime big boy.

ohlongarmisle

Right above left eye,suppressed Ruger 77/22 , Winchester subsonic hollow point Australian manufacture.
only 65 yards dropped like a rock, no exit. Went to a taxidermist.

Attachments

• hs.jpeg
    hs.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 126
What makes that a 'number one'?
The primeness and quality of the pelt,the taxidermist who buys them is also a major fur buyer and that's how furs are graded at least in my state. Thick luxurious fur no rubbed spots or sparse spots,a perfectly healthy animal taken during very cold weather.#1 PRIME.

Last edited:
Most of the coyotes out here look real rough this year. Go figure after I stop collecting I get some of the nicest coyotes of the year. I have a plethora of Purdue coyotes. Oh and nice work👍

I guess he's never seen a Montana pale silk......
Wrong again as I mentioned earlier I have access to 40 acres of hunting land in Polebridge with Glacier in the back yard ,i've taken a fair amount of mountain coyotes, these are eastern brush wolves, different coloration.This is a #1 prime as far as brush wolves go, you should know the differences ;) 👍 if you hunt coyotes.And to answer your inquiry I most certainly have seen many pale Montana yotes and taken over a dozen in the last 5 years the clearing with the mountains is where I've set up.Thanks anything else? Just was there when the heavy snow and cold temps hit , nothing moving wolves on the agenda this year.

Attachments

• pb1.jpg
    pb1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 22
  • pb2.jpeg
    pb2.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 25
  • pb3.jpg
    pb3.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 22
  • pb4.jpg
    pb4.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 19
I killed a big mountain coyote like the one you pictured. A lot of people thought it was a wolf as it weighed 60-70 lbs. was dark like yours is. It probably had wolf in its genetics. I have taken several Montana pales as well as several Dakota sand hills coyotes here

I killed a big mountain coyote like the one you pictured. A lot of people thought it was a wolf as it weighed 60-70 lbs. was dark like yours is. It probably had wolf in its genetics. I have taken several Montana pales as well as several Dakota sand hills coyotes here
Our Eastern brush wolves do in fact have timber wolf genes, the wolf gene came when Canadian wolves crossed the ice on lake erie and the two began mixing. And how do i know this because i supplied many coyotes to various veterinarians in my area who had dna testing done. The one pictured was definitely one, but weighed at just #50 lbs.The taxidermist i deal with takes a few prime ones every year and has his own employees skin them, he makes a good buck on full mounts. 👍Here's a big boy about 46# people often underestimate a coyotes size, heavy fur will fool novices,and cause many coyotes to be shot and never recovered and many are just stung , kill zone in even a large coyote is small fur must be taken in to account before firing.And for the record 17 hornet right side where neck meets body,drt.

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 20
  • bc1.jpg
    bc1.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: