novice please help

Rum and not the liquid

so i did some long range practice and ive kinda got myself in a pickle im running a mark4 leupold and ive confused my self when reading my chart then adjusting my scope do i read the moa or the inch column to find my drop and windage

even a website

thanks
lucas

Last edited:
so i did some long range practice and ive kinda got myself in a pickle im running a mark4 leupold and ive confused my self when reading my chart then adjusting my scope do i read the moa or the inch column to find my drop and windage

even a website

thanks
lucas

Use the MOA column. Your scope should be 1/4 moa per click. If the chart says
you need 5 moa, just go to the number 5 on the turret. Make sure you turn it
in the right direction. Don't want to shoot your feet! :D

yay thanks mate i blew a turkey away at 300 so i must of got it close :D
so round numbers are the easy bit what about when i get a number like 2.6 that would be 14 clicks but the next number is 3 which is only 12 clicks thats seems a bit odd 2 me ? is there a possiabilty that my charts are out?

thanks 4 the help!!!!!!!!!!

lucas

Last edited:
How many clicks in an MOA is your scope? 2.6 MOA would be 10 clicks in a 1/4 MOA click scope, not 14. 10 clicks is 2.5 you can't actually get to 2.6 exactly unless you have a 1/10th MOA click scope.
So You dial to the number 2, the two more clicks for the .5 MOA.

I hope that made sense.

1/4" moa ah now i c why i didnt click (pun intended :D ) on 2 it eailier is beyond me thanks me thinks i need to go to the range and have a play round

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.