Nosler Partitions,Accubond or Hornady Interbonds???

Kevin R

Hi,

I'm sure this has been beat to death by now, but I'll give it a try???

I've got a elk hunt booked, I would like some help on a bullet choice with what you have used for elk??

Out of the three I would like to use, 210gr Nosler Partition, 225gr Accubond or the 225gr Hornady Interbond out of a 338WM, I'm doing a spot and stock so shots could be varrying distance.

I have used the old Winchester Fail Safe 230gr on elk,deer and moose in the past with great sucsess but thats before I reloaded, but I don't have enough left and wana try the newer stuff.

Thanks.

Kevin.

i have had great luck with accubonds but have heard great things about the partition and have never shot anything with the interbond. I like the idea of the polymer tip on the accubond of the partition and i have a box of 225 interbonds that maybe have 15 out of the box if your interested.

I shot a 340WM for alot of years, I used to shoot plain 225 Hornady SPT. Then went to partition, then to NAB. They all worked great, I attribute that to a good elk cartridge. I bought 4 boxes of factory w/ old look, tiger on box for $20 a box, worked ok. I was on a ridge one day and spotted 3 bulls high on opposite, mile and 1/2 away. Knew it would be hard to close gap. I took off and down mountain, wade across beaver pond, and up other side, on way I run into about 1o head, just a quick look for a bull. I head for avalanche chute, that had the bulls. I get there and one is just fading into timber, it is kinda a Texas heart shot, severe 1/4. Bullet entered just in front of rear 1/4 and diagonaled out to point of opposite shoulder.225 partition

My money is on the accubonds. Partions are great bullets but the accubonds seem to fly a little better at distance than the partions. Both are very hard hitting and accurate out of the right rifle and with the right amount of powder behind them. I load Hornadys also but no experience with interbonds.

I've used the 210 part with very good results on a bull moose in B.C. At the time I tested 200gr horn sp, 215 sie, and the 210. I found all to shoot very accurate in my ruger 338wm. So I went with the 210part due to bullet structure and retained wieght. With that being said, I would look at the Accubonds. I use them in my 270wsm and the shoot and preform very well.

Good luck,
Gene

I used the 210 gr PT in my 338 RUM at 3200 fps to take a 5 pt bull at 350 yds. The bullet went through both shoulders and left an exit wound the size of a golf ball.
The same bullet shoots well under MOA out to 500 yds.

JD338

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.