Accubond---- Interbond ?

edge

Any thought on Nosler Accubond and Hornady Interbond bullets in a side by side comparison? Are they nearly the same or are they apples and oranges? Hornady are about $5/100 cheaper than the Noslers. Not enough to make a big decision, but if I am buying a few hundred it does add up.

I hunt deer almost exclusively. I have long range setups, but deer always seem to show up at 50 yards.

MV is around 3100 fps.
150 grain 30 caliber.

Thanks for your input.

edge.

I've got a box of IB's loaded up in .308 Win, but I can't give you any field test data yet. They are grouping under an inch at 100yd with 44.5gr of varget and holding to one MOA or less at 300yds (I think the rifle shoots better than I do) out of my Tikka Varmint. I need to save up for a Chrono so I can tweak the load though...

Any other info/experience would also be appreciated...but I do like the price (got mine on sale at Cabela's in the their overstock area in Wash. PA).

a friend of mine was shooting the interbond. 180 out of a 300win a made an elk a believer out of them at 25yards. In other words the elk just flung to the ground. I shoot the bt and have had just as good of luck smacking elk with the 180gr. bullet out an ultra mag. they went and saw the elk upstairs to.

I havent tested either one of them side by side but I did read of a test done in some magazine and while both preformed great, the Interbond did retain a little more wieght. I dont think you can really make a wrong choice between the two though.

good luck
steve

The only knock I have heard concerning them is that there are more bullets found (when cross-sectioning them) that had air pockets in them from Hornady than Nosler. Keep in mind that "more" could be 1 in 1,000,000 more!?! That's just a report I read somewhere.

I shoot the HIBs in my 300 WM some because they were available in 165s when Noslers weren't. Now I have a couple hundred of them, so I will stick with them. Based on bullets that I dug out of the embankments I shoot into, the HIBs do hang together better than the NABs. Any number of things could account for that. The HIBs are cheaper, but you have to buy 100 to try them out whereas the Noslers you get 50. I shoot and love both bullets though!

I compared the 180 grains side-by-side in my .300 WM. The Accubond was considerably more accurate than the Interbond in my rifle, but of course, every rifle is different. I took a nice 6X6 bull elk in October with the Accubond. It mushroomed perfectly and retained about 60% of its original weight.

I have not taken game with the HIB. The NAB has worked very well on caribou for me. One thing I find interesting is the difference in B.C. values. In .338 225 gr. the HIB is listed at .430 while the 225 gr. NAB is listed at .550. That's a pretty significant difference and frankly I'm skeptical about it. They are both very streamlined and the ogive is slightly different but I can't believe they are that far apart. I have not compared the two at long range yet.

Festus

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.