Accubonds, Interbonds, & SST's

Brentster7189

Any new thoughts out there on these bullets? All the research I've done mostly reflects years old posts on these bullets. I'd be curious to hear any more recent data...load data, performance, bullet retrieval, etc.

I currently use .284 bullets in both my rifles, 7mm-08 and 280 so I'm interested a lot in those calibers if anyone has had experience. I'm loading 139 SST's and Interbonds for the 7mm-08, and 162 SST's for the 280. I thought about trying the 154g Interbond, but have not found people having good results with this bullet, so I may be leaning towards trying the 160 Accubond first.

Thanks!

We've had very good success with our 7mm Weatherbys using Hornady ammo loaded with the 154 grain Interbond. This includes elk, antelope, mule deer and white tail. No problems at all, and so far 1 shot kills as close as 31 yards as well as out to 800+ yards.

We've had very good success with our 7mm Weatherbys using Hornady ammo loaded with the 154 grain Interbond. This includes elk, antelope, mule deer and white tail. No problems at all, and so far 1 shot kills as close as 31 yards as well as out to 800+ yards.

That's good to hear. Like I said...most of the info I had found was old. I know there is no evidence like testing them yourselves though. But more positive feedback gives me more confidence in this bullet. It they only sold them boxes of 50 instead of 100 I might be more inclined to try them out quicker!

I load the 140 Accubond in my 280 Remington CDL and my sons Ruger Mark II in 280 .

We have had very good success using this bullet to take Nebraska whitetails. We have shot them from 110 yards out to 300 with total penetration and mostly one shot kills.

My Remington CDL likes the 140 Accubond, in RP cases, RL17 powder, 210 primers.

My sons Ruger likes the 140 Accubond, RP case, RL-19 powder, WLR primers

My opinion is that it is hard to beat the Accubond for deer out to 500 yards.

I have loaded the 160 Accubond in my 7mm Rem mag and they shot great but I have not taken any game with this bullet.

I load the 200 gr accubonds in a browning x bolt 325 WSM. I use H4350 and CCI magnum primer. I have only tested it out to 100 yards but it shot in one little hole so taking out the luck, it's probably a 1/2 to 3/4 MOA gun with that load. Accubonds are very good bullets and have taken many elk.

I run the 140 Accubonds in my .280 with great results. I'm thinking about trying out the 160's on elk and deer this fall. I shoot them in my .338, but have only killed one bear with them. I'm switching to Accubonds in my .308 also. My dad will be switching also in his 7mm.

Hard to beat an Accubond!

I shoot the SST 139gr at 2950 with my 7-08 and taken well over 50 whitetail without any bullet failure. The 162gr SST is practicaly made for 280AI. It sends the the 162sst at @ 3000fps wich is right in the middle of the sst intended velocity range. At half the price of the other bullets you are just throwing money away for no gain. Don't get caught up in the hype that bonded is better. Most often you get poorer accuracy and bullets that fail to open at longer range.

I shoot the SST 139gr at 2950 with my 7-08 and taken well over 50 whitetail without any bullet failure. The 162gr SST is practicaly made for 280AI. It sends the the 162sst at @ 3000fps wich is right in the middle of the sst intended velocity range. At half the price of the other bullets you are just throwing money away for no gain. Don't get caught up in the hype that bonded is better. Most often you get poorer accuracy and bullets that fail to open at longer range.

I shot last night and was able to get 2887fps out of 139g SST's, 47g of IMR4350, CCI200's in the 7-08. Wasn't sure if I wanted to go any higher then that, I've already been crunching some powder. Plus it's for my 12 year old daughter, and I'm not trying to make it kick too hard, but I did want to achieve that benchmark of 2800fps.

I've gotten my 280 up to 2922fps with 162g SST's, 55g of IMR4350, CCI200's.

Price is for sure a little more comfortable with SST's if your doing quite a bit of shooting. The bonding process must be expensive.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.