Nosler M48 rifles worth the price

I had a Patriot in 6.5-284 and loved it. I just sold it for a Christensen Ridgeline 280ai. What a mistake. Should have just rebarrel it to the 280ai. The only down side is the short mag box. If you can live with that it's a great rifle. The action is much nicer than the Christensen and so is the finished product. The Nosler does have some slop when you work the bolt but it didn't bother me at the least. The rifle shot everything well, even the Etip Ammo from Nosler. I have heard to many horror stories from Kimber, I would stay away.
Good luck
Jason
65871F4F-0F46-4E46-B5A5-2D6AA32E3B07.jpeg

Attachments

• 4801D32B-EFC1-4E42-860F-47EDC5714974.jpeg
    4801D32B-EFC1-4E42-860F-47EDC5714974.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 41131620-E45E-4EEF-AF06-BAFB2B709A83.jpeg
    41131620-E45E-4EEF-AF06-BAFB2B709A83.jpeg
    270.8 KB · Views: 119
I have the M48 patriot in a 6.5x284 Norma also and its a pretty sweet rifle. I bought mine when they first came out for under $1400 so I was happy with the purchase. Mine has a pac-nor barrel, Bell&carlson stock and the rifle basix trigger. It shot the factory 130 accubonds at .6 to .7 average. My hand loads never improved on that much until a couple years ago shooting the 124 Hammer Hunters. It now shoots around .5 moa at over 3200 fps. The stock is a little thick in the wrist area is my only complaint with the rifle. I did hydrodip mine in a Kuiu Vias as I didn't like the light grey color. Hope this helps, Jason

I have one in a 338 win mag that I purchased in 2013. Fit and finish are good but the accuracy is not what quite there. It might meet there MOA guarantee with their prescribed ammo but just barely, expected better. Also, the mag box is too short. I would not buy another.

I figure that their prescribed ammo will be Nosler ammo. Honestly, most of the time their ammo has shot MOA for me in just about any rifle I tried if the twist was right for the bullet. So it's no surprise to me that their ammo should do MOA in their own rifle. But yeah, If I owned a Nosler rifle, I would expect it to do better than that for it's price.

I have one in 28 Nosler, a long range, and the mag length limits its potential. Overall I like the rifle.

It is a 1/2 to 3/4 MOA rifle with Nosler's match load. It is 3/4 to 1 MOA with their hunting loads. I also have a Christensen and the Nosler outshoots it but not by much. To be honest, I have some Tikkas that outshoot it.

I could not build a similar rifle for the same price,
5BE5C3E1-2DDB-417B-BFCC-0754B739AAB5.jpeg
ust in components alone, not to mention labor. Would I buy one again? Probably not.

I'd love it if they would fix the mag box length, DLC the action instead of cerakoting it, and I would prefer a slightly better barrel. Mine was made with a Shilen Select barrel.

My next rifle is being built by GA precision....
I expect a small improvement and more than twice the price, and I'm building a 300 WM Tikka for next to nothing.

Last edited:
I have one in 28 Nosler, a long range, and the mag length limits its potential. Overall I like the rifle.

It is a 1/2 to 3/4 MOA rifle with Nosler's match load. It is 3/4 to 1 MOA with their hunting loads. I also have a Christensen and the Nosler outshoots it but not by much. To be honest, I have some Tikkas that outshoot it.

I could not build a similar rifle for the same price, View attachment 194826ust in components alone, not to mention labor. Would I buy one again? Probably not.

I'd love it if they would fix the mag box length, DLC the action instead of cerakoting it, and I would prefer a slightly better barrel. Mine was made with a Shilen Select barrel.

My next rifle is being built by GA precision....
I expect a small improvement and more than twice the price, and I'm building a 300 WM Tikka for next to nothing.
What would be the process to build a 7mm Remington mag in a tikka t3x. What kind of cost would I be looking at .

Why not just buy one and slap it in McMillan stock.You could put a custom barrel on it and it might not shoot any better than a stock barrel.My Dad always said "don`t fix it if its not broke".Just saying ,Huntz

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.