Nosler brass

T Shot

Trying out some new Nosler brass in my 270. Does it need to be resized before loading? First time for me With the nosler brass, any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah that's my thoughts as well. I guess I am mostly curious to how concentric the necks are out of the box since they are packed pretty decent.

Yeah that's my thoughts as well. I guess I am mostly curious to how concentric the necks are out of the box since they are packed pretty decent.

Nosler brass has been real good to me. It's completely prepped & ready, & pre Wt sorted. It's Norma with a Nosler head-stamp, made, & held to Nosler specs. It's good.
Guessing its your first time with Nosler brass, so just like any brand, don't assume your old will automatically work.
With that said, Load & go right out of the box. Don't over work your brass for no reason.
You can size it etc after you've "proven" your loads.

I have read a lot of posts from winmag. Seems to me that he knows his stuff!!! gun)
That's exactly what I wanted to hear, the less sizing operations the more case life, and yes it is my first time with the nosler brass and I intend on working up to a reliable load. Thanks for the info! :D

Personally, I've never had to resize any of my new Nosler or Lapua brass for any caliber. They seem to be pretty spot-on from the factory. I might check to see if the necks are dented, in which case I will run them through the neck-sizer die just to get the neck back to being round. But that's a very very rare occasion.

I have read mixed opinions about the nosler brass being manufactured by Norma and other companies, as well as the quality of the brass itself. I'm only trying it because its about all I could get my hands on

Nosler brass IS manufactured by Norma. Look at a Nosler headstamp and a Norma headstamp. The font they use and the same lowercase "n". It's the same, only one says "Norma" and one says "Nosler".

Norma brass is excellent brass. They are the company that produces brass for Weatherby cartridges, as well. And their headstamp says "Weatherby" on it, instead of "Norma".

You should be pleased with the brass.

Well i guess we will see how it does this weekend if I get the time. Now I just have to decide if I want to do my development with h4831 or imr4350. Decisions decisions lightbulb

Nosler brass, prime it, load it and shoot it. It's good stuff. I use it in my 308. I would buy some for my 270 WSM but I just can't stomach $65.00 for twenty five cases. As soon as I can find some Norma in that caliber I'm going to buy 100 cases of it.

Anyone notice any higher pressures or accuracy difference in nosler vs. remington brass? I loaded same load in my 300RUM and the nosler seemed to have more pressure but didnt stretch as bad as the rem.

I have used it in 260 Rem and 338 lapua for competition. It is good. It is softer than Lapua brass for sure but it is holding up well after repeated firings. I anneal after 5 shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts