Nosler brass

Archer357

Hi everyone,
Just open a brand new box of Nosler brass. 300 win mag. Looks good. On measuring them, oh boy, all of them short. Should be length of 2.610. Most of them measured 2.608 with a some 2.605. I paid $100 for a box of 50. Thinking Nosler was good brass I got them. Can not find anything else. Thanks for letting me vent.

if they were all exactly the same length virgin and you loaded and fired and remeasured they would not be same I would not sweat that little difference with lapua brass much less any other

Thank you, I'm getting into long range shooting and trying to be as accurate as I can. A big difference loading hunting rounds, sighting in at 100 yards and shooting game at under 50 yards. I Hunt in woods.

Thank you, I'm getting into long range shooting and trying to be as accurate as I can. A big difference loading hunting rounds, sighting in at 100 yards and shooting game at under 50 yards. I Hunt in woods.
This is why I just trim every piece of brass before reloading. I used to measure and only trim the over-length pieces, but I use the Lyman trimmer with a cordless drill and the shell holder. I just run every piece through and I bet 80-90% get some length shaved off. Easy to see the shiny shaved brass vs the powder stained brass.

Help me I'm faaaaalllllliiiiiinnnnggggggg..........
Wanna fall faster/further? After you trim your lot of cases, you need to re do the weight sort since you removed some brass off some cases but not others....

I never did this. But the OCD thought went through my head......

This is why Peterson makes "long" brass in 300WM. Its a common problem. If your not turning necks, fire form them and trim to same length. You'll be GTG. I got a box of Nosler 243 brass that was .020-.025" under trim length once. It shot fine.

Once fired in your rifle and then trimmed should get the length right. I would be happy just to find some Nosler or Peterson 300 WM brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.