Nosler Accubond

Pretty much the only bullet I hunt with aside from lever actions. 25-06, 7mm-08, 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, 300 RUM. Great performance and they don't fragment into thousands of pieces of lead throughout the edibles like some bullets do. Yeah, I don't get bang flops much but I don't aim for shoulders either, I go for lungs and stay away from that delicious heart!

Oh boy, now I've gone and done it....

My Dad and I have used them out of a 300 RUM. 180's and 200's were used on a lot of elk. On a bull, the 180 was used on a 425-yard shot and we used the 200 on several up to 400 yards. Only reason we went away from the Accubonds were due to supply issues. About four years ago we switched from the 180's to the 200's. The 200's were holding just above 1/2 moa out to 925 yards.

If this helps, I had a 1 shot kill at 500 yards with 7mm Rem Mag handload, 160gr AB with MV=2900fps.. I saw his back and then front legs buckle through the scope. He did not take a step. high shoulder shot.

I have killed plenty of elk with .277 140 grain anc .308 180 grain accubonds .
270 win and 300 ultra mag. Both did just fine and killed them plenty dead. I think the 270 140 does better as lower velocities.
Wouldn't hesitate to launch one into the ribs of a big bull at any reasonable distance,

This is recovered 180 grain AB bullets from four different bull elk i shot with a 300 WSM out to 400 plus yards. 60-70% retention rate. I really like the Nosler AB but availability has forced me to start looking for other options.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_168.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_168.jpeg
    446.1 KB · Views: 156
Used 165 B.T. & AB in my 308NM @ 3300 FPS out to 500yds, and down they go. Use them Africa also. Lost one do to poor bullet placement. Most every thing is one shot and down. Use 200gr B.T & AB now in my 338WM @ 3200fps. Either they drop in their tract or only moved out 25yds or so. Very good weight retenion, and not much blood shot meat either in the bullet that stay within them on the fas side.
The worst of it is those bullets are hard to purchase presently. I don't know why Nosler stop making them. I guest they think that everybody shoots heavy bullet anymore. They have been my go to bullet for over 35 years. I started using Nosler BT at the time they came out. How far back I don't recall. The prices have gone sky high too.
New rifles that I am having built now switching to faster twist and to Hunter Bullets.
I look all the time for those bullets, but finding them.
I get tight groups using them and pushing them hot out of my rifles. I like their high BC.

I've killed about a dozen elk with the 180gr and 200gr .30 cal accubonds out of my .300 win mag. Closest was about 20 yards. Furthest was 404yards. Never had any issue with them. Only problem is that they are not easy to find right now and expensive when you do find them.

I have used them almost exclusively for years. They have taken numerous deer, elk, pronghorn and preformed great. I have used 338winmag 225gn, 300wsm 180gn, 280ai 160gn, 270wsm 140 gn. That is until until a couple years ago when they became impossible to find and the price skyrocketed. I started looking around for a substitute. I still have a small supply horded away but have worked up loads with Barnes bullets for most of my calibers. They are easy to find and are priced right.
I also just picked up some Speer Impact 30 cal 190 gn to try in my 300wsm. They look promising being a bonded boat-tail bullet.
I no longer lock myself into one bullet for all of my hunting needs.