Nosler 26,28,30,33 All in one gun?

It will work Great, I have a WTO switch lug with 2 barrels now 7mmSAW and 6.5x47. They hold between .5 to 1 moa POI shift by taking barrel off and reinstalling it. The worst mine has been was me showing a few buddies how it worked and took barrel off 3 times and Suppressor off once and it was still under 1 inch shift at 100 yards. I have been running mine a few months now and have stretched it out to 1000 yards on steel and I have made 2 Whitetail kills at 500 and 810 and my daughter has made a 793 all one shot kills with the SAW. The lug does stick up alittle but its not higher then my scope rail so you really cant see it. It is by far become my favorite gun because of being able to change barrels in less than 1 min and being able to have multiple calibers with one stock, scope and action and it only cost me around $650 for a new barrel chambered and head spaced for my gun. It is So much better than the Rem Age and Savage nut system since you only need to carry a Fat wrench or Fix it Sticks with you to change barrels. I am already trying to decide which other barrels I want to get chambered to add to the 2. I know they just built one 28 Nosler and 6.5 Gap Switch lug

Last edited:
It will work Great, I have a WTO switch lug with 2 barrels now 7mmSAW and 6.5x47. They hold between .5 to 1 moa POI shift by taking barrel off and reinstalling it. The worst mine has been was me showing a few buddies how it worked and took barrel off 3 times and Suppressor off once and it was still under 1 inch shift at 100 yards. I have been running mine a few months now and have stretched it out to 1000 yards on steel and I have made 2 Whitetail kills at 500 and 810 and my daughter has made a 793 all one shot kills with the SAW. The lug does stick up alittle but its not higher then my scope rail so you really cant see it. It is by far become my favorite gun because of being able to change barrels in less than 1 min and being able to have multiple calibers with one stock, scope and action and it only cost me around $650 for a new barrel chambered and head spaced for my gun. It is So much better than the Rem Age and Savage nut system since you only need to carry a Fat wrench or Fix it Sticks with you to change barrels. I am already trying to decide which other barrels I want to get chambered to add to the 2. I know they just built one 28 Nosler and 6.5 Gap Switch lug

What type of accuracy are you getting with the WTO system?

.2 to .3 with either barrel if I do my part. I have had 3 or 4 guys shoot the 7 SAW barrel to 1000 so far just checking out the gun and its held sub .5 groups at 1000 with each of us.

.2 to .3 with either barrel if I do my part. I have had 3 or 4 guys shoot the 7 SAW barrel to 1000 so far just checking out the gun and its held sub .5 groups at 1000 with each of us.

I will look into this setup. I think for varmint hunting it would be awesome! Do you use just any Remington 700 action or clone?

Here is a small review I wrote up and posted on here a few months back.

Well I got my First Switch Lug system in a few weeks ago and was able to try it out and see how it performed.
First off I was able to mess with a couple of the SL systems a couple months back at World shoot and was Very impressed with there repeatability and ease and cost of swapping barrels. I was able to shoot a 6 Creedmoor at a 500 yard 1/2 size hog target and made a center shoulder hit, Took the barrel off and bolt out while they explained it all to me, Reinstall bolt/Barrel and shot again and impact was maybe 4 inches right of my first impact. So I had to order one after that.

I ordered most of my parts and sent to them with a list of what I wanted with the exception of the .284 barrel which I brought from them. I went with a Bartlein on both barrels, Manners T4A Mini chassis, Curtis action and Calvin Elite Trigger.
First off I want to say out of the dozen or so Customs I have built the WTO guys were Great to work with as far as updates and photos along the way which only took them around 5 weeks. I had them chamber the barrels in 6.5x47 Lapua and there 7mm SAW Throated long for the 175 Berger Elite Hunter. I had them Custom mix the Cerakote to match lightest color on stock which ended up being 3 colors and looks Great . Now on to the barrel swapping this system seems to be working flawless as I have changed barrels a couple dozens times already just showing my shooting buddies how the system works and how repeatability it is , which seems to be 1/2 to 3/4 MOA . I Am staying in that range after taking barrel off and reinstalling it every time, the worst POI shift I have got was a little less than 1 inch at 100 yards and that was 3 barrel take offs and once removing the Suppressor. Which I think the suppressor caused the other 1/4 change.
There 7mm SAW caliber , I think 4-5 of us has already fell in Love with as it is a simple one pass though dies with Palma 308 brass and with the 175s and RL16 I am pushing them 5 shot average of 2852 already and barrel hasn't really settling in yet, but we have stretched it out to 1000 yds making repeatable hits on 8 inch disc plate. So all in all I am Very HAPPY with this build and already trying to decide which Caliber barrel is next LOL

You can use just about any Actions as they have designed a few different lugs for different actions. You can look on there FB page if you on there they have a lot of pictures of different builds on different actions. I am trying to decide on calibers as I have a LA Rem 700 I am going to send them to build another Switch Lug.

You can use just about any Actions as they have designed a few different lugs for different actions. You can look on there FB page if you on there they have a lot of pictures of different builds on different actions. I am trying to decide on calibers as I have a LA Rem 700 I am going to send them to build another Switch Lug.

Thank you Switchbac2
I already have the proof 26 Nosler and just ordered the other 3 proof barrels (28,30,33) to round out the set. I have heard nothing but great thing about the switchlug and cant wait to complete my ultimate hunting set. Thank you for your reviews and help making the decision.

gun 1.jpg

Here is my Shurley Brothers custom 26 Nosler

That is beautiful. I love that laminated stock. What are the woods ? Thinking Walnut center, Curly Maple outer and maybe Mahogany in between? Gorgeous work.
From outside in,
Curley Maple
Padauk
Black Walnut
Tommy Shurley is widely know for his stock work and very high caliber work, I have grown to love his wood stocks and have seem to collect 5 beautiful guns that he made for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.