Hi all One eye 66 and still shooting.

Stang66

Yep another Left Handed newbie down in Texas near College Station. Been shooting and hunting forever. Recently retired and on a quest. I want to shoot 1000 yards maybe further, and looking at The Tikka T3Tact A1, and the Savage 110 Elite Precision rifles in 6.5 creedmoor. In comparison witch way should I go? Why?
Finally was able to put my hands on both at the NRA show last weekend in Houston. Lots of features on the Savage in place, but not a folding stock. So Tikka no 20moa rail and have been searching for one to replace the stock rail.
Also help with what bipod/setup for each rifle.

I have been looking at threads and haven't found what I am looking for.
Any help and Resources would be appreciated. I understand y'all have all probably answered these questions a million times.
Thanks

tikka hand down. it'll run from the start. it'll feel better. and they're accurate

Area419 makes nice Tikka rails

Atlas CAL with A419 or RRS arca clamp
Thanks for the quick reply back. I have read lots of stuff about having a rifle built but I don't have deep pockets and most likely not going to compete in any competition. I have 200 yards at the house that has gotten boring. With the mini14 and an old (Finnish 7.62x54r out to 600 yards).

I get very good preformance from multiple Savage rifles. Out of the box accuracy has always = less than 1moa. Torqued & tweeked, with tuned loads to 1/2 moa or less anyday. On the days when I am doing my job = 1/4" moa.

I run an Accu-Tac bipod.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Haven't owned a Tikka, however have heard good things about them. Have owned several Savages both stock and custom builds. Tac driver's they are. The Elite would be a great rifle. My 14 year old boy bought a used savage tactical from a gentleman on this site. Stock rifle and a Leupold 4-12 CDS and he is crushing targets out to 650 yds. He wants to upgrade the scope and go 1000 yds. Like you, no deep pockets here so we use the Harris bipod. Good luck and shoot straight.

I'd go with the Tikka. Another option for a 20 moa rail is EGW. ( Evolutuon Gun Works
I'd go with the Tikka. Another option for a 20 moa rail is EGW. ( Evolutuon Gun Works )
Thanks I went to their site….so many goodie's
I get very good preformance from multiple Savage rifles. Out of the box accuracy has always = less than 1moa. Torqued & tweeked, with tuned loads to 1/2 moa or less anyday. On the days when I am doing my job = 1/4" moa.

I run an Accu-Tac bipod.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the reply I hear the barrels are awesome and I can get the rifle for about $400 less than the Tikka just for the rifle. The Savage has the 20MOA rail already that adds another 50-150 bucks to the Tikka. I can add a nice bipod to the Savage and a few other goodies and still be at same money as the tikka.
They are both probably better shooters than me.
Savage wins on the ground and running. Tikka wins on the folding stock and looks, finish and feel in the hand. Triggers both feel nice can live with either. But word on the street is Tikka MOA is better a distance. I just don't see much on the savage when I look at long range competition results.

Thanks I went to their site….so many goodie's

Thanks for the reply I hear the barrels are awesome and I can get the rifle for about $400 less than the Tikka just for the rifle. The Savage has the 20MOA rail already that adds another 50-150 bucks to the Tikka. I can add a nice bipod to the Savage and a few other goodies and still be at same money as the tikka.
They are both probably better shooters than me.
Savage wins on the ground and running. Tikka wins on the folding stock and looks, finish and feel in the hand. Triggers both feel nice can live with either. But word on the street is Tikka MOA is better a distance. I just don't see much on the savage when I look at long range competition results.
I own both I would prefer a tikka

Welcome from Fl,got me TEXAN for a neighbor s*** that he thinking about moving back ,best 18yr buddy to have look after each others place..enjoy this great site...
Thanks for the welcome. Texas… it's a diverse state as is Florida lots of hunting and fishing opportunities for sure. The offshore fishing there is way better IMOP.
tikka hand down. it'll run from the start. it'll feel better. and they're accurate

Area419 makes nice Tikka rails

Atlas CAL with A419 or RRS arca clamp
Well the $$ on the savage was winning me over but I went with the gut feeling and Tikka I t Is now the wait……