Nosler 26,28,30,33 All in one gun?

Seems like a great way to set your self up for a wreck having a gun that can shoot rounds all built off of the same case.
They are not "the same". The case lengths have been adjusted so that it is not possible to chamber a round and fire it in a dangerous way.

It is one of the things I like and don't like about Nosler's alterations from the 26 dimensions to all the others.

Base to shoulder and case length:
26 Nosler, 2.166, 2.590
27 Nosler, 2.104, 2.59
28 Nosler, 2.166, 2.59 while not "fun" if you chamber a 26 and fire it there is no real danger
30 Nosler, 2.114, 2.556
33 Nosler, 2.016, 2.460

So, in the real world there is plenty of pew pew and no boom+hospital.

LR325... I could be wrong, but it appears that you won't be able to run those Burris scopes with the SwtichLug setup, because the SwitchLug sticks up as high as the pic rail... You might be best to go down the traditional switch-barrel 700 style setup, with the pinned lug, where you need a barrel vise and an action wrench. It sounds like a bigger pain in the butt, but it's really not. Barrel vises are pretty cheap ($100), and action wrenches aren't bad ($60-100). And they're tools you can use for other purposes, too.

LR325... I could be wrong, but it appears that you won't be able to run those Burris scopes with the SwtichLug setup, because the SwitchLug sticks up as high as the pic rail... You might be best to go down the traditional switch-barrel 700 style setup, with the pinned lug, where you need a barrel vise and an action wrench.

I realized that a while back before I started the build, I have a brand new Athlon Chronos btr that I'm going to mount to the Nosler set up, we will see. Some of the picks I have seen the switchlug is level with the pic rail so I believe in that case I should be ok but if not I'll make the switch. I really hope I don't have them swap them out, while the class is not the best I think these are some of the best hunting scopes around, once you get them dialed in to your load they are extremely accurate out to 900+

I think this sounds like an awesome project! I just ordered a custom short action and switch lug to build off of. If it works out like I think it will I may just order another custom long action and sell my other rifles and just keep the two switch barrel rigs and run three bolts in the short action and three in the long action to cover any cartridge from 204 Ruger to 338 Lapua.

From outside in,
Curley Maple
Padauk
Black Walnut
Tommy Shurley is widely know for his stock work and very high caliber work, I have grown to love his wood stocks and have seem to collect 5 beautiful guns that he made for me.
Padauk ! Very striking, wonderful contrast. Love that contrasting woods look on everything. I made a shadow box out of 3 different woods.
Natural Walnut (not steamed), Curly Maple, and Chechen. Turned out real nice. Have to try some of that Padauk.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts