Norma vs Win brass for 300 WSM

So false pressure signs on Norma?
I wouldn't say the signs you are seeing are false….just that Norma brass, in general, doesn't hold up to max pressure like other brass does. If you compare the expansion line of both brands, I bet the expansion line on the Norma is lower. The problem with this is that the case being thinner in the web, it can't keep pockets tight for many firings at max pressure.

Cheers.

Granted Winchester brass is harder, but in my experience I had to cull several from each bag and it takes a lot of preloading prep. Not a fan of Norma but much more consistent. Peterson checks all the boxes as does Lapua.

Granted Winchester brass is harder, but in my experience I had to cull several from each bag and it takes a lot of preloading prep. Not a fan of Norma but much more consistent. Peterson checks all the boxes as does Lapua.
My Win were left from shooting their factory 150 sp at 3240 fps - no swipe.
Can not find any other 300 WSM except for a box of 25 count nosler a couple months back.

By no published data was I near max load or speed with the load I was using 65.5 StaBall.

I've had multiple issues with norma 300 wsm brass even with very mild loads. Switched to hornady and have been happy with the results. Necks are not as consistent as norma but the Hornady has 6 loadings on the brass so far and pockets are still tight.

Norma wouldn't last more than 3 firings before I had chambering issues and sticky bolts. Same issues in the wsm as I did with the Saum using norma brass..

As mentioned above, I've had neck cracking issues with Winchester brass in my 223 WSSM mainly the nickel coated brass, but none with my 300 WSM and Winchester brass.

How is Hornady neck thickness variation? As bad as Winchester?

How do you know which Winchester to cull?

Modern Winchester brass is NOT made by Olin, it is outsourced to heck knows where and is very bad quality. The Red/White bags have the worst QC of any brass I have ever seen. Pleats in the necks/shoulders, splits and dimples around the shoulder.
I will never buy it again.
The Blue/White bags had zero case culls and I am still using that prepped brass in mid range F-class, with proper case prep, it is very stable brass.
I will be switching to Lapua exclusively next season…if there is one.

Cheers.